How can I separate Inbox, Sent items, and SMS so they aren't showing up all ... Server Admins forum

lathrum no está en línea Stack level 1

Inbox, Sent items, SMS all showing up in one box

Advertisement

How can I separate Inbox, Sent items, and SMS so they aren't showing up all in the same place? Using BES 4.1.4 on 8800s and 8830s.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Lightbulb Re: Inbox, Sent items, SMS all showing up in one box

Hi Lathrum -

A couple ways... one--the theme you're using can by default dictate the way the box(es) are displayed (your combine / not combined setting is likely set to "theme controlled" now) so you could use a different theme.

Or, if you like your theme, do the following to manually configure/change the settings:

From the Message inbox, click the select key (the button with the BlackBerry logo on it to the left of the trackball).

• Roll down to "options"
    • Select "General Options"
    • Then scroll to the bottom... you'll see a heading "SMS and EMail inboxes" Select it, then choose your poison.

You can also color code the backgrounds of messages to differentiate Emails from Text messages and so on. Try searching the forums for more information.
    Last edited by PwDiamond; 07-26-2007 at 11:05 PM.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Inbox, Sent items, SMS all showing up in one box

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Also, in the same general options, you can unclick the option to show sent mail in your inbox.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

This tip might help too:
    Separate Messages with Saved Searches
    JerryD

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'd recommend separating SMS via Messages->Options and hiding Sent Items. You can use a hotkey-bound search or use View Folder to view Sent Items (or hit Alt-O) when you actually need to view them.

Mighty_Squid no está en línea Stack level 1

I was actually wondering that too.

Hooray search function!

Thank you!

yasmine no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi All,
    I have a blackberry pearl. I know I was able to color code emails from different email accounts, and now i cant find it. I followed the instructions on this page, but it didnt give me that option. Any advice will be helpfull.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by yasmine
    Hi All,
    I have a blackberry pearl. I know I was able to color code emails from different email accounts, and now i cant find it. I followed the instructions on this page, but it didnt give me that option. Any advice will be helpfull.
    There are two ways to color code emails.

The first is to set up a filter - typically for an email from a particular email address or domain - and have it tagged as Level 1. A Level 1 email will show up in the messages list as Red. From the Messages screen, Click the wheel/menu button and select Options --> Email Filters. Set up the filter as needed, and on the very bottom check the box Forward with Level 1 Notification.

The second is under (Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Security Settings --> General Settings. There's a section Message Background Colours where you can set a color for Enterprise Messages (BES) and Other Messages (BIS - not sure about SMS, MMS, etc.). However, it doesn't set the entire background color in the Messages list, and the color you select is set as a diagonal stripe across the background of the message itself - making it look like a piece of Fruit Stripe Gum! But that's it!
    JerryD