Hi All, I have random users policy's changing on the BES. We have 2 main ... Server Admins forum

damorec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20732FDD

I.T. Policy changing by itself on BES

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have random users policy's changing on the BES. We have 2 main policys, one for data only devices, and one for those that use there BB as a phone. I have users calling me every so often complaining that they can't make a call. I quickly log onto the BES and see that the policy has been changed....is there any reason why this would be happening by itself?

Thanks,

-C

Joebanana469 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243b17c5
    Quote Originally Posted by damorec View Post
    Hi All,

I have random users policy's changing on the BES. We have 2 main policys, one for data only devices, and one for those that use there BB as a phone. I have users calling me every so often complaining that they can't make a call. I quickly log onto the BES and see that the policy has been changed....is there any reason why this would be happening by itself?

Thanks,

-C
    Hi Damarec.

This is strange! How are your policies setup? Do you have two names for them. I recommend leaving the default policy alone and creating two new policies. Also, put users in groups, and have each group assigned a particular policy.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    as stated above....leave the default policy alone and create 2 seperate policies. Then create groups and assign the group to the policy. This for me is the easiest and cleanest way to maintain 80+ BB's on my BES
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!