I have an 8700g that has BES (I get corporate email from work on lotus ... Server Admins forum

sugarapple no está en línea Stack level 1

I searched high and low before I posted this...

Advertisement

I have an 8700g that has BES (I get corporate email from work on lotus notes). I have Outlook at home that I pop various mail accounts and I want to know how to see all of these accounts and the folders in outlook onto the berry. In my research, I saw somewhere that I may be able to do this with microsoft exchange, but what is that and how would it work. Thanks in advance for your help.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: I searched high and low before I posted this...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You should be able to add up to 10 email accounts via BIS, by going on your providers website and adding the via "set up internet email".
    I'm mobile, and driving so I can't be much more help with that, but I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.
    Good luck!

Thanks Toddboy-I have the emails set up to come directly from the provider but when I get home and open outlook, I have to sort all the messages I already read away into their respective folders. Is there a way for me to do it with outlook the way it is done with my lotus notes. When mail comes into lotus, i hit file and all my desktop folders are there.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Only BES can reconcile the email so that read shows read on your personnal computer
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

I'm not familiar with Lotus notes, but the only way that folders on a desktop will be reflected on your BB is through a BES server. So the folder structure from your home machine with the accounts that you POP won't be reflected on your BB. But as Todd said if you use BIS then you can at least have your mail pushed to your BB but again you won't be able to file the mail that isn't pushed from your BES server.

If you have any more questions or I wasn't clear about something let me know via pin or just repost here.

Josh

josh,

got it! looks like i will need a bes. how do you set that up? I already have the bis and all the mail coming in, i guess i just want it to work like lotus works on the current bes with my office mail.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

Due to the design of blackberry's you can only have your blackberry activated on one BES at a time so unfortunately your only option would be to sort your mail manually on your desktop when you get home.

How ever if you work for a company with a lax Blackberry policy an option would be to forward all your personal emails to your company account and then sort them that way.