Ive got my BB professional software setup and i think configured correctly. but on my ... Server Admins forum

remlle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3012D965

I must be stupid

Advertisement

Ive got my BB professional software setup and i think configured correctly. but on my BB8830 I can not get it to pass the enterprise activation. cant I somehow get the bb server to send the info it needs to the phone or how does it work? does my firewall need to be configured for a certain port? if so what port. Im totally lost in all this Im an exchange admin and know exchange well but bb stuff is confusing me. please help this simple minded fool please

the phone now enters activation but Im getting waiting for services and never passes that.
    any ideas?

ok another edit. making progress.
    I got it through the activation and all seems well there. I can send it PIN messages and I Can send it e-maisl though the blackberry administrator software. but I Can no get it to show any folders or new mail comming into the server. any ideas now?
    Last edited by remlle; 01-21-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: more info.

PIN/ID
    3012D965

Re: I must be stupid

ok now another update.
    Im getting e-mail to the phone new stuff only but older e-mails from before the phone was hooked up are not cmming in. how do I Set it to allow all e-mail from all ages.?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

i dont think your going to be able to get those emails before the activation

PIN/ID
    3012D965

why not? I dont see why it wont sync the entire folder why just new data. that makes no sense. Exchange syncs the whole folder regardless of age.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

You can change the option up to 750 emails or 14 days(I believe). In BES 4.0 Blackberry Manager select properties of the server, then the Pre-Population tab. Under Message Pre-population you can change the days and messages. Example I have mine set to 7 days to a maximum of 200 messages.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

PIN/ID
    3012D965

WOW thats a crappy limitation. will it sync folders as well?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Yes, it will sync folders as well, as long as they are sub-folders of your Inbox, of if you manually select them in your settings if they are not subfolders of the inbox.