A little while ago I was having issues getting my blackberry's applications to access the ... Server Admins forum

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3

I didn't know blackberries could do this?

Advertisement

A little while ago I was having issues getting my blackberry's applications to access the internet, so after deleting and setting up a new wifi connection, battery pull, etc., didn't fix it I wiped my blackberry. And low and behold, next thing you now the blackberry enterprise activation kicked in and set itself back up. Then icons started rearranging them selves on the screen and next thing you know, my blackberry was fully restored. Icons were as I had them, preferences were all back to where I had them, everything back just the way I had it. My Yahoo mail even popped back up. I am on a BES... is that something that the BES did? Blackberries actually do that? How in the hell? I've never seen anything like that.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    When you wipe and restore the device (I just had to do this with my 8120), the phone is setting itself back to what it looked like when you first purchased it from the store or online (or in my case, the last OS I had on the phone with my apps and settings). All of your personal data, passwords, etc are reset. This is normal for a BlackBerry.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-06-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    That's the beauty of BES compare to BIS! With BES all your information and setting contacts are backed up and when you reactivate your BES when u do a wipe it restores everything to the way it was before. BES has a lot of options that I love.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Also I forgot to mention BES backs up your information OTA ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am on BIS and it did the same thing. When I was upgrading my OS, it backed up everything to the DM, and restored it to the way it was when I bought it from the store. Only thing I had to unlock was my vendor theme that I love using.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-07-2008 at 03:01 AM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I am on BIS and it did the same thing.
    Precisely!
    I prefer BIS as there are no restrictions or policies like companies that employ the BES system. Of course that's to be expected because BES is not designed for personal use. I have one BB on BES for work, and my personal BlackBerrys all on BIS. For my usage I find a lot more flexibity with BIS. Better privacy as well.
    Sent via BlackBerry

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Guys I think the difference is on BES it all happens wirelessly. So if there was no backup on your PC it would be OK because the BES backed it up.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Speaking of backup, its no different than an individuals personal computer. The is a certain level of responsibility that one either accepts or ignores. If no effort is made to backup ones data, then the consequences of that choice are realized. It's no different with a personal BlackBerry. One either values their data & backs it up as a normal part of ownership or they do not. It's simple really. The desktop manager makes backup fast & easy. If one loses their data, one look in the mirror identifies who lost it....
    Sent via BlackBerry

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind

Smile Forgive me if I'm asking the right question in the wrong place...

I've seen a few posts about "wiping" to clear memory space..... As I'm just a novice, I get the general idea, and I've seen it in my options. My questions are , (and if they're stupid questions don't laugh at me until I laugh too), what does that entail, does it restore my phone to the OS I had when I bought it? Or to the last upgrade installed? Will it delete recently downloaded apps such as myspace, so on and so forth?
    Again I'm sorry if I'm asking this question in the wrong place, but I really didn't know where to ask this one..........
    Thanks,
    jason

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Bes is sweet for that.
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    Jason wiping your device resets your phone to out of the box...it would be as if you had just walked out of the store with your phone