I'm trying to figure something out. Is there any 'real' difference to connecting to a ... Server Admins forum

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Question Hsoted BES vs. BES Corporate (work)

Advertisement

I'm trying to figure something out. Is there any 'real' difference to connecting to a Hosted BES Service vs. a Corporate BES (like at work)?

Would one lose certain options / features?

beetlejelly no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Hsoted BES vs. BES Corporate (work)

I don't think so. I use 123together's hosted Exchange with BES for work, and have hosted my own in the past. If anything it's easier because they patch, manage, and usually have direct access to RIM support and Microsoft support if needed. In terms of what's different there may be speed issues if you use a hosted exchange company that has thousands of accounts running on a virtual or les than adequate infrastructure. I don think I would go back to hosting my own but maybe I'm just becoming a lazy admin :-D
    Hope that helps.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EMM
    EMM no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Hsoted BES vs. BES Corporate (work)

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    I'm trying to figure something out. Is there any 'real' difference to connecting to a Hosted BES Service vs. a Corporate BES (like at work)?

Would one lose certain options / features?
    Yes, some features are lost when using a hosted BES solution ( IF ) you also have Exchange at your office.

Any public folders, or global address lists will not be available in your Outlook. Being that your Outlook will now be connecting to a different Exchange server.

If you are simply talking about features between a hosted BES, and a Corporate BES, then no the features are the same.

Hope that helps.