Hey all, Im sure I am overlooking somthign simple here. I run BES for Exchange, ... Server Admins forum

TitanBry77 no está en línea Stack level 1

How to upgrade Device on BES?

Advertisement

Hey all,
    Im sure I am overlooking somthign simple here. I run BES for Exchange, I have only 2 Blackberry's and Im the admin. I just upgraded my phone from an 8700 to a Curve 8310. Where in the world do I go in BES on my account to upgrade my hardware.

I want to also make sure my music transfers and I have a couple of Apps like Empower BES, and the Empower HTML Viewer?

Any info is greatly appreciated. I don't wanna botch anything up. Then Ill wipe the 8700 and give it to someone else and be up to 3 users! :-)

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: How to upgrade Device on BES?

you should have "enterprise activation" in advanced options to activate your BES
    if thats what your asking

you don't need to upgrade anything for new model phones on BES

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Find your name and phone in your BES console. Set a new activation password for yourself. Not sure what ver of BES you have so you may get to this a different way. After you've set an activation password, follow the directions above mine and perform an enterprise activation on the new device. BES will upgrade you. BES activation isn't going to move your music and apps to the new device, you may have to use the switch device wizard in the desktop manager to move them, or manually.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TitanBry77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Great thanks, thats what I should've asked, I saw where i could resend the enterprise activation, I just didn't know about the apps and so forth. Great, problem solved. thanks!

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3

Also, once you have moved the apps using switched device wizard or manually, do remember to get your Empower HTML & Empower BES MailBox license codes transferred to the new device. Fastest way to do that - drop a line to support@getEmpower.com or just PM me.

Thanks!
    Ani