Okay, so here's the story... I'm a new "BES Admin", and have installed BES Small ... Server Admins forum

Redline no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How to "Undo" Enterprise Activation

Advertisement

Okay, so here's the story...

I'm a new "BES Admin", and have installed BES Small Business Edition with a pretty standard/default configuration (I think). I have a few phones up and running without any serious issues other than for some reason deleted e-mails on the BB aren't deleted on the desktop - but I'm pretty sure that's just a checkbox somewhere and I'll find it.

There is one phone that is giving me some trouble though - a BlackBerry 8320 v4.2.2.171 (Platform 2.5.0.24) with T-Mobile as the carrier.

I was able to perform Enterprise Activation a few weeks ago, and for whatever reason, it stopped communicating with the BES server on Christmas Eve. I deleted the user account on the BES which I think might have been a mistake now... and re-added the user and asked him to perform Enterprise Activation again, but it's hanging and won't activate.

It seems the phone still thinks it's activated, so I tried deleting the Desktop [xxxx] service books - no change. When I try to activate now though, it prompts me with a message saying that if want to continue, all data will be erased. The user has a lot of numbers and private messages which he doesn't want to lose, so I click no. Then it tries to activate anyway and hangs just like usual.

Is there a way to get this activated again without wiping the handheld?

Thanks for your help

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: How to "Undo" Enterprise Activation

you can do a wipe of the handheld and in your bes server do a set activation password and it will reconnect. also on your deleted emails being on your desktop make sure your bb is set to win over the PC. In messages click options>then the last option>then change it so the bb wins. that should work
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 01-02-2008 at 04:44 PM.

runningoncaf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FB53EA

You may also want the user contact tmobile and verify the data plan was not changed to one that doesn't support BES....

Redline no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the info. I was hoping I wouldn't need to wipe the phone, but oh well.

I'll have our users check to see if the recon' option works for them. Thanks again