How to save a received email into device memory Hello I would like to know ... Server Admins forum

murgajm no está en línea Stack level 1

How to save a received email into device memory

Advertisement

How to save a received email into device memory
    Hello
    I would like to know if it is possible to save an email received in the blackberry and save it into device memory and after that with the desktop manager to be able to transfer this mail to my computer.
    I know that I can transfer a file from my computer to the blackberry device memory but I was not able to do the same trying to transfer a received email from blackberry to pc.
    I need this because sometimes I am in zones where there is no internet connection for my notebook and however I can receive emails with blackberry. So I would like to take advantage of that. Sometimes I received attached file that it can be opened in the blackberry so I need to transfer them to my computer.
    any help would be very appreciated.
    Thanks in adavance

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Re: How to save a received email into device memory

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I could be wrong, and somebody will be along soon, if I am. But, I do not think that this possible, based on services and software that RIM has available.

I am not aware of any 3rd party app that would make this happen for you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I do know that you can extract messages from the backup files on your PC. I don't know about attachments or where more downloading is necessary. It requires a fairly inexpensive program to extract them. And there is a trail version.

Google ABC Amber Blackberry

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Depending on what carrier you have, since your BB appears to have signal and be able to receive messages, you might want to look into tethering the unit to your laptop. I know T-Mobile doesn't have a problem with this, in fact their tech support will walk you through setting it up. Cingular/at&t officially requires you have a tethering plan but if you use it sparingly some people on here have reported success with tethering and not seeing an outrageous bill. Can't say anything for any of the other GSM carriers.

Zo

azulstarz no está en línea Stack level 1

hello

Do you have another email that is attainable via the internet ?If so you could forward the saved email to the computer that way.

Dcfrog no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask

Iam surprised that rim has not thought about that issue yet.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

RIM has thought about it and no BB will sync email.

The OP really needs to look into tethering or another form of wireless access for the laptop.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

I imagine RIM has some security concerns with that. Plus the attachments would be converted and no longer in native form (so it wouldn't be as useful).

Some form of tethering or wireless access for the notebook computer is going to be the best (and really only) solution. FAiling that, fall back to 56k dialup.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4