hi.. maybe someone can help me with this... im trying to erase my mailbox on ... Server Admins forum

kjp
    kjp no está en línea Stack level 1

how to resynce echange keep bbmsg contacts

Advertisement

hi..

maybe someone can help me with this...

im trying to erase my mailbox on blackberry and re sync it with my bb exchange server... i want to keep my bbmsg contacts though...

i have alot of old emails that i want to get rid of and too time consuming to delete them manualy...
    I.m afraid that if i wipe the handheld that i will loose my bbmsg contacts...

any suggestions..
    KJ

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I've never used BES before but this is the way I delete a lot of emails. It might be different for you using the BES. But I go to the date that I want to delete prior to, for example: Sun, Jan 11, 2009. Click the menu button on the Date separator and click Delete Prior, this will delete all the prior emails. I hope that is what you were asking.
    -Josh

jschildroth no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20784DEB

Lightbulb

If you have or can get a copy of Desktop Manager, you can install it and go into Backup/Restore > Advanced. On the right hand side of the screen under Device Databases, you can select the Messages Database and choose clear. This will erase all stored emails on the device. Alternatively, you can back up individual databases as well.

this KB doc will explain how to do this

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10167

Quote Originally Posted by kjp View Post
    hi..

maybe someone can help me with this...

im trying to erase my mailbox on blackberry and re sync it with my bb exchange server... i want to keep my bbmsg contacts though...

i have alot of old emails that i want to get rid of and too time consuming to delete them manualy...
    I.m afraid that if i wipe the handheld that i will loose my bbmsg contacts...

any suggestions..
    KJ
    Last edited by jschildroth; 01-12-2009 at 06:18 PM.
    May the BlackBerry be with you....Always!!