Hello, One of my BB users is having issues with a BB 8830 (Verizon is ... Server Admins forum

vtxmastro no está en línea Stack level 1

How to replace a defective BB with BES

Advertisement

Hello,

One of my BB users is having issues with a BB 8830 (Verizon is the carrier). Verizon has sent us a replacment phone as they think the phone is damaged goods. Verizon sent us a bare phone and stated that we just need to migrate the battery and SIM card. I am having a difficulty in determining the best way to get the new phone set up. We use BES and this user already has a functional BES account.

If I just migrate the SIM and battery, will the BB simply continue working? or do I need to migrate the SIM/battery and then re-activate the BES account? I'm a newbie with BB and BES so I'm just trying to get the replacement phone functional with minimal downtime for the user. If anyone can provide me with some direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

preuegl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes, you will have to reactivate that user on the BES. Phone number is tied to the SIM where-as the BES is tied to the device (PIN)

parrie no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How to replace a defective BB with BES

Isn't the phone number actually bound to the ESN of the device? No SIM unless you are using the International Roaming of the World Phone. If you have a business account with Verizon, you can log in to your site and change the ESN to phone number mapping there. Otherwise, you will need to call Verizon and have them switch the ESN in the system. Then on the new device dial *228 to start the activation process. After, the phone number is switched and the device is provisioned for data service, follow preuegl's reply and reactivate the user on the BES with the new PIN number.

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

parrie is correct, but eitherway you need to tell the BES the new PIN number. Simply connect the device to the users PC that has Desktop Manager on it. The software will then state, "Do you want to change the PIN from XXXXXX to YYYYYYY. Say yes and continue on with the activation as you would a new berry.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You don't really have to tell BES anything. If you re-activate the user by setting a new activation password and activating, BES will pick up the change automatically.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tjalendran no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25734C5C

Absolutely correct.. Just reset the activatin password and activate your berry!! Ur done!

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    You don't really have to tell BES anything. If you re-activate the user by setting a new activation password and activating, BES will pick up the change automatically.
    Exactly.