This applies to the following: BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1 and 4.1 Service Pack ... Server Admins forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

How To: Do a clean uninstall of BlackBerry MDS Services

Advertisement

This applies to the following:
    • BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1 and 4.1 Service Pack 1
    • BlackBerry Mobile Data System (BlackBerry MDS) Services
    • IBM Lotus Domino
    • Microsoft Exchange
    • Novell GroupWise
    Warning: The following procedure involves modifying the computer registry. This can cause substantial damage to the Microsoft Windows operating system. Document and back up the registry entries prior to implementing any changes.

Procedure

To do a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry MDS Services from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, complete the following steps:
    1. In the Microsoft Windows Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs, then uninstall BlackBerry MDS Services.
    2. To open the Registry Editor, click Start > Run, type regedit, and click OK.
    3. Back up the registry. For instructions, search for article 322756 in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base.
    4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\BlackBerry MDS Service.
    5. Right-click BlackBerry MDS Service, then click Delete. When you are prompted to verify your choice, click Yes.
    6. Close the Registry Editor.
    7. For BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1 Service Pack 1, in Windows Explorer, delete the BlackBerry MDS Services 4.1.1 folder located at C:\Program Files\Research In Motion, if it exists. Note: This folder may or may not exist.
    8. From a command prompt, type osql -E and press ENTER.
    9. To remove the BlackBerry MDS Services databases, type the following commands in the specified order: 1> drop database MDSS
      2> go
      1> drop database MDSS_DIS
      2> go
      1> quit
    10. At the command prompt, type osql -E and press ENTER.
    11. To back up the BlackBerry® Configuration Database, type the following commands in the specified order: 1> backup database <database_name> to disk = 'C:\<database_name>.bak'
      where <database_name> is the name of the BlackBerry Configuration Database (for example, BESMgmt).
      2> go
      1> quit
    12. At the command prompt, type osql -E and press ENTER.
    13. To delete all records from the MDSAgConfig table, type the following commands in the specified order: 1> use <database_name>
      where <database_name> is the name of the BlackBerry Configuration Database.
      2> go
      1> delete from mdsagconfig
      2> go
      1> quit
    14. Restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: How To: Do a clean uninstall of BlackBerry MDS Services

Thanks for the info, Hopefully I wont ever have to actually do it! lol

innotion no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: Do a clean uninstall of BlackBerry MDS Services

This may seem like a foolish question but I'd rather ask then have the BES blow up on me. Following your instructions step 1 is to uninstall MDS from the BES from Add/Remove Programs. When I look at Add/Remove programs I dont see a chance option, only Remote. Does that mean that I need to hit remove and it will ask me which part of BES I want to uninstall before it uninstalls everything?