Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi All, I have just received a 8707 on Vodafone, and I installed BES Express ... Server Admins forum

achundee no está en línea Stack level 1

How often does email reconcile itself?

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have just received a 8707 on Vodafone, and I installed BES Express to link up to my Exchange box. It works great - I'm really pleased with it.

There is only one thing that I am confused about. I THINK I have set it up so that mail should reconcile itself, i.e. when I delete something in my outlook, it should disappear from the Berry, but it does not do so unless I do a manual reconcile on it. The same goes the other way, if I delete an email on the Berry, shouldn't it go from my outlook?

Should the Blackberry periodically auto-reconcile itself, and if so, how often should that happen?

Thanks in advance,
    Ajoy.

spaceboy05 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203fb2b8

Re: How often does email reconcile itself?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it does it every 5-15mins

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

real time. as something is changed the request is pushed to the device and visa versa

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Off topic, but how about posting some pics of the 8707. If I am not mistaken it will be the first consumer 8707 pics pinstack.

Well, I am finding that stuff is not always disappearing from one device when deleted from the other. Could it be because I have two-way reconciliation enabled and there is a conflict?

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you have to make sure your server an bb are set up correctly since your on a bes its a lot dif theb bis/bie also you cannot use the delete prior function or it will only delete on the hand held

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you have to make sure your server an bb are set up correctly since your on a bes its a lot dif theb bis/bie also you cannot use the delete prior function or it will only delete on the hand held
    OK, so where would I find the docs on how to set it up? Are they the ones that are in the PDF when you install it onto the server?

Thanks!

SpiceMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Hayden,

In my experience, the frequency of wireless reconciliation appears to be device-dependent. I had a T-Mo 7230 that, even with BES 2.2, reconciled immediately upon deletion. With my VZW 7130 on BES 4.0, there is a delay of up to 20 minutes. Of course, I can always force the reconciliation by choosing "Reconcile now" from the options, but I preferred when it would happen instantly.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Part of the 2.0 and 2.2 upgrade was to help make email instant but it is dependant on the email provider as well rim and the providers are working to gether to make it happen for instance the tmo email is. And now yahoo is or atleast is supposed to be. I know gmail is working on it atm as well eventually all will be but until then it cannot be garenteed in less than 15 minutes

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

If I recall, I think it was 15 to 20 mins. I was informed by our Cingular rep, this was two years ago. hmmm...
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

gvoutos no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a similar problem - but mainly when I read then move emails from my inbox to a PST folder - the email remains in my BB inbox. I do not want to reconcile the PST, it has over 500Mb of emails, and is only really an archive. Forcing a reconcile does not help. The time delay for me is only a problem if you move between Outlook and BB often during the day. Having moved from a Sony Ericsson m600i with BB Connect, these problems seem insignificant! Details: 8707v running 4.1.0.316, corporate BES attached to Exchange 2003 - wireless sync only.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

gvoutos, Welcome to PinStack.

As I understand it, BES will not recognize moving emails to personal folders. I have read about a workaround where instead of moving, you copy the email to the Personal Folder, then Delete the original. Be sure not to use the Shift Delete, or emptying the Deleted Folder before the Reconcilliation occurs.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

gvoutos no está en línea Stack level 1

Many thanks for the reply. I'll give copying a go and see if I can train myself to think that way! Garry

jeffery no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the feedback on copying and not move. it works for me. However, I noticed that when I use the File option and move to the personal folder, it only appears on the handheld and not on the desktop. Also, the folders I created on my desktop, does not get reconcile on the BB...appreciate help on this

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

From what I have read of the BES operations, that may be a limitation of the current version. I am not the expert, and don't even get to use BES so really can't say for sure.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast