How many users can be supported on a BES and an Exchange server? The RIM ... Server Admins forum

Gio4 no está en línea Stack level 1

How Many users on a BES and Exchange Server

Advertisement

How many users can be supported on a BES and an Exchange server?

The RIM sales rep said that the BES should be able to handle 2000 users. This is different than other information I have read in the past. He couldn't say what the Exchange server could handle.

We are considering increasing our utilization to 900 users. Will one BES and one Exchange server be enough?

Thanks!

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How Many users on a BES and Exchange Server

Yes and No. 900 will be tight if you don't look at your hardware specifics at the same time. 2 or 4 processor Exchange Server with a bunch of RAM will definitely support it. The BES is basically a conduit to email and the only requirement you really need is processor and throughput. Both servers with dual 1GigE NICs, etc. and you can do it.

Your BES will most definitely slow down at 500 without looking at faster hardware.

Gio4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks prickleypete. We currently have quad processors and 4GB of RAM in each server. I'm assuming that we're okay.

I appreciate the input.

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

You are good, verify your network connections. GigE would be best but make sure you aren't throttling everything through 1 10/100MB NIC. No worries otherwise.

amadru no está en línea Stack level 1
    I currently admin a BES with 750 users on it. We are adding a second BES because we have seen rescan times after an outage or services restarted increase to over an hour and a half. When I spoke to RIM at the Executive Summit, they stated it would be a good idea to add a second BES.