Hope this is the right forum I'm on BES and have 2 email accounts: the ... Server Admins forum

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Help With Email Filtering

Advertisement

Hope this is the right forum

I'm on BES and have 2 email accounts: the corporate (MS Exchange 2003) one via BES and my personal account via BIS.

At weekends I don't want to be bothered by work emails so I use the email filters / email settings not to forward messages to my BB. This is fine and I still get my personal emails. All is peachy.

BUT, when I turn the filters off, or change the email settings back to forwarding emails to my BB on Monday morning, I do not get the emails received on my Exchange Account. My ideal would be for messages received over the weekend to be forwarded to the BB when I reactivate the BES messages on Mondays so I can catch up at the airport. Any ideas out there?

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Re: Help With Email Filtering

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What about creating a "home" or "weekend" profile that does not ring/notify you when you receive emails/messages from your BES email address. This way you will still receive your messages but you just won't be notified when they arrive but you can just switch back you your regular profile when you go back to work.
    Hope this helps.

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

As far as I know, the above option is the best thing for you. I don't think you can do anything else unless you try to reconcile the mailboxes on monday. But I am pretty sure that won't do anything for you.

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah - I've set up profiles for that too and use BBAlerts. I use the Today Plus theme that tells me I've got X messages, and there is that temptation to go look! Plus, my personal emails coming in would take me to that dreaded inbox too. Wireless reconcile doesn't work either. Guess I'll just have to live with it - thanks

bgrainger no está en línea Stack level 2

I do not use BES so mihy be different but can't you just open the inbox for your personal email on the weekends? I have a work and personal email set on my BB as well. I have 3 in box icons. One for each account and one for "all". So just don't open the work one on the weekend.

Now I just have to go create a weekend profile.

Brooks