I am running BES with Exchange 2003 and McAfee Groupshield. When in Blackberry Manager (Server ... Server Admins forum

philcl no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Help w/Filters "*@*.co.jp" ???

Advertisement

I am running BES with Exchange 2003 and McAfee Groupshield. When in Blackberry Manager (Server side) the version shows up as 4.1.3.18. Despite all our spam blocking efforts I continue to get email from Japan in what I assume to be Japanese text. Getting 10 of these a day and it is not a big deal in Outlook but very annoying on the blackberry.

The one thing they all have in common is address = user@domain.CO.JP. How can I create a filter that does not forward to my device if the domain ends wtih .CO.JP?

What I have done:
    1- Right Click User Name -> Edit Properties
    2- Click Filters Open the Items and Click New
    3- In From Input:
    *@co.jp;@co.jp;co.jp;*co.jp

Is there some magic string I can put in here for pattern matching? Is there somewhere the syntax/rules on wildcarding are documented for these filters?

Also open to any suggestions on the Exchange server side to block these. Unfortunately our company could potentially have valid business with Japan so we cannot put in huge blanketed blocks.

Thanks,
    Phil

JPenrose no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Help w/Filters "*@*.co.jp" ???

What about creating a server side rule in Outlook that redirects the mail items based on a pattern match to a folder you create. Don't include that folder in BB redirection.

I do this with various messages that I want automatically filled and not on my BB. When mail arrives it hits the rule, goes to the designated folder and never winds up on the BB.

-J

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: Help w/Filters "*@*.co.jp" ???

Is there a way to just block a certain address from my BB or do I have to go through all those steps?

Thanks in advance,

COJO 24

philcl no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help w/Filters "*@*.co.jp" ???

Thanks for the idea. I'm doing this right now it is simple but guaranteed to work :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JPenrose
    What about creating a server side rule in Outlook that redirects the mail items based on a pattern match to a folder you create. Don't include that folder in BB redirection.

I do this with various messages that I want automatically filled and not on my BB. When mail arrives it hits the rule, goes to the designated folder and never winds up on the BB.

-J