Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

jbonnett Without Admin Rights you won't be able to activate vis USB, Desktop Manager has ... Server Admins forum

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

Re: Help!! This is driving me NUTS!!!!!

Advertisement

jbonnett

Without Admin Rights you won't be able to activate vis USB, Desktop Manager has to be installed, with a connection to the Exchange Server. If they gave you the ability to download it, or did for you remotely, all that would need to be done is it would need to be installed for tyhe BES option, which, is basically 'Yes' 'Next' 'Next'...........you get where I'm goin right, you shouldn't need to change anything. When you connect the BB it will prompt you to generate the encryption keys. Once that's done, your email should start working.

jbonnett no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jestar15
    jbonnett

Without Admin Rights you won't be able to activate vis USB, Desktop Manager has to be installed, with a connection to the Exchange Server. If they gave you the ability to download it, or did for you remotely, all that would need to be done is it would need to be installed for tyhe BES option, which, is basically 'Yes' 'Next' 'Next'...........you get where I'm goin right, you shouldn't need to change anything. When you connect the BB it will prompt you to generate the encryption keys. Once that's done, your email should start working.
    Damn - that's not really what I wanted to hear! My administrators / IT guys are in New York, I'm in London!

zerodayz no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Help!! This is driving me NUTS!!!!!

How many times have you tried Enterprise Activation?

Our Pearls here seem to fail quite a lot, we just cancel the activation and try again (after resetting the activation password - only valid once.)

Failing that, what if you wipe the device, after backing up. Then go through the Ent Act first, before sending the Orange service books? May help.

I'm on both BIS and BES albeit, from Vodafone, but same thing in essence.

Good luck

zerodayz

PIN/ID
    400DD044

Quote Originally Posted by jbonnett
    Nope - these aren't coming through - which with my limited knowledge I assume to mean I'm not hitting the server...

jbonnett

If you aren't receiving the 'flycatcher' emails from the BB then there is most likely and issue with your profile. Can you create a new one and try to reactivate? Is that an option for you?

zerodayz - I've wiped the device and tried to fire up again with just the BES before doing anything with Orange. Still no joy.

jestar15 - Do you mean asking my guys to delete me from BES and start again? I've tried this too!

I've even had my guy in the states on the phone to a guy at Orange UK - both parties are convinced that everything is right at their end, but I'm still unable to connect to the BES server.

I'm going to try one more time. I'm going to delete all BIS email addresses, wipe the handheld. Ask my administrators to delete me from BES - reset me up and start again and see what happens.

I'm beginning to lose the will to live - as is my very patient IT support guy in New York!

PIN/ID
    400DD044

Quote Originally Posted by jbonnett
    zerodayz - I've wiped the device and tried to fire up again with just the BES before doing anything with Orange. Still no joy.

jestar15 - Do you mean asking my guys to delete me from BES and start again? I've tried this too!

I've even had my guy in the states on the phone to a guy at Orange UK - both parties are convinced that everything is right at their end, but I'm still unable to connect to the BES server.

I'm going to try one more time. I'm going to delete all BIS email addresses, wipe the handheld. Ask my administrators to delete me from BES - reset me up and start again and see what happens.

I'm beginning to lose the will to live - as is my very patient IT support guy in New York!

Actually jbonnett, what I was driving at was if you're using Outlook, PIN messages are successful, and you are not receiving the flycatcher messages from the Blackberry itself. There are one of 3 things going on.

1. The email is being filtered by Exchange and not being delivered to the Inbox.

2. There are rules or filters on the mail client itself (Outlook) that are causing the messages to be sent to a .pst, Junk E-Mail or Deleted Items folder.

3. The MAPI profile is corrupt, this isn't that unusual with Outlook.

If you are using Outlook, I would recommend creating a new MAPI from your desktop and then trying to activate again.

Good luck!

Actually jbonnett, what I was driving at was if you're using Outlook, PIN messages are successful, and you are not receiving the flycatcher messages from the Blackberry itself. There are one of 3 things going on.

1. The email is being filtered by Exchange and not being delivered to the Inbox.

2. There are rules or filters on the mail client itself (Outlook) that are causing the messages to be sent to a .pst, Junk E-Mail or Deleted Items folder.

3. The MAPI profile is corrupt, this isn't that unusual with Outlook.

If you are using Outlook, I would recommend creating a new MAPI from your desktop and then trying to activate again.

Good luck!
    Erm....I really don't know what a MAPI profile is or how to create a new one!

PIN/ID
    400DD044

If you can tell me what version of Outlook you're using I can provide you with the instructions. From Outlook go to Help and then About Microsoft Outlook.

Sure! I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.8118.8132) SP2 - is that what you needed?

PIN/ID
    400DD044

j

Hope thi helps a little.

How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003

Follow these steps to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003:
    1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2.Click Switch to Classic View, and then double-click Mail.
    3.In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
    4.On the General tab, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add. 5.In the Profile Name box, type a descriptive name for the new e-mail profile, and then click OK.
    6.In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
    7.Click the appropriate server type for your new e-mail account, and then click Next. 8.Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next.
    9.Click Finish, and then click OK.

Note By default, both the Outlook Address Book and the personal folders (.pst) files are automatically added to each new e-mail profile, except for those e-mail profiles that are created in Microsoft Exchange Server. By default, .pst files are not added to each new e-mail profile in Exchange Server.
    Last edited by jestar15; 07-17-2007 at 10:34 AM.

I've created a new profile. I'm going to delete all service books, email addresses and everything - then wipe the device and try one final time to connect to BES. If that doesn't work then we're going to have to accept that we've been beaten - my guy in the US has had enough! Fingers crossed - I'll be rebooting this afternoon after 2pm when the NY office get in.....will let you know if anything happens! Thanks so much for all of your help jestar!

PIN/ID
    400DD044

Not a problem at all. What you'll be looking for in your Inbox is an email from the BB. The subject will be something like this RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2 and will appear to come from an address like network @ etp05.etp.na.blackberry.net. This email contains the PIN and your email address, when this hits the Inbox, the BES will pick it up and start the acvtivation process. If you don't see this email, then it's more than likely a configuration on the BES.

There is always the fall back to Desktop Redirector as well. As long as Outlook and the Redirector are both running you'll be able to send/receive mail. The downside is that you won't be able to view attachments and the PIM synchronization will only be available during a tethered synch.

Hope it all works out.

Not a problem at all. What you'll be looking for in your Inbox is an email from the BB. The subject will be something like this RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2 and will appear to come from an address like network @ etp05.etp.na.blackberry.net. This email contains the PIN and your email address, when this hits the Inbox, the BES will pick it up and start the acvtivation process. If you don't see this email, then it's more than likely a configuration on the BES.

There is always the fall back to Desktop Redirector as well. As long as Outlook and the Redirector are both running you'll be able to send/receive mail. The downside is that you won't be able to view attachments and the PIM synchronization will only be available during a tethered synch.

Hope it all works out.
    OK - see if you can figure this!

I created a new MAPI profile. I got my IT guys to fully delete me off the BES. I deleted all service books and wiped the device. They then re-installed me and reset my password.

When I try and activate I do get the RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2 from network @ etp05.etp.na.blackberry.net message to my work email address (within about 30 seconds) - but then after about 15 / 20 minutes I get the error message on the device that reads "The server is not responding. Please contact your System Administrator."

I beginning to lose the will to live!

The thing that it MOST frustrating is that the device was working perfectly with the BES in the states when I first took it out of the box, then Orange UK sent me a SIM update - now it's stopped. All personal emails via BIS are coming through a-ok.

It's a bit of a weird situation as my company in the states issue BBs, but they use Verison in the US and the Vodaphone network over here. However, I was just told to go out and get a BB which I did, but I'm with Orange UK. Is it possible that the SIM update from Orange UK somehow "regionalised" my device or in someway made it incompatible with the Verizon BES system in the states?

Both I and my tech support are stumped - in fact his boss has told him to close the ticket as he's spent too much time on it!

PIN/ID
    400DD044

I know it can be frustrating but since you are able to get the 'flycatcher' message, then this is not an issue with the Exchange server, the BB or your profile. The error usually mens that the email address or password were entered incorrectly. The password should be good for at least attempts or 48 hours. Unless you're just tired of dealing with it, you can and type the passowrd into a Memo Pad and copy it from there, then ppaste it into the passowrd filed from Enterprise Activation.

Again, there's always the Redirector.

The password I've been given is only 4 letters, so I'm confident that I've got that right and the email address is definitely right, so I don't understand it.

I've set up a forward from a blackberry.co.uk email address and can reply with my work email address showing from this account, so I've got the functionality now - I just hate being beaten by technology and no one knowing why it doesn't work!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast