Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've just got my first BB which is the 8100 Pearl. I had it set ... Server Admins forum

jbonnett no está en línea Stack level 1

Help!! This is driving me NUTS!!!!!

Advertisement

I've just got my first BB which is the 8100 Pearl.

I had it set up working perfectly with my AOL email address and my work email (which is set up through the Enterprise Server).

However, I got an 'update' from my carrier (Orange UK) and it screwed eveything.

I've now spoken to Orange and as far as they're concerned everything is as it should be and I need to talk to my administrators at work. I've done that - they are convinced that everything is ok their end.

So I'm buggered if I know what's wrong.

I can still get my AOL email absolutely fine, but I can't get any work email. When I try and activate the (previously working fine!) work email address it starts to activate and then just hangs. After about 15 / 20 mins I get a message that reads "The server is not responding. Please contact your System Administrator."

I've got a live Enterprise Activation password - so if anyone can think of anything that I can do to fix this you might just be able to save my sanity!!

Cheers guys.

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

Re: Help!! This is driving me NUTS!!!!!

How many times have you used the EA password? It's only good for 3 attempts or 48 hours. Are you still able to do a 'lookup' in the GAL from the Blackberry?

Quote Originally Posted by jestar15
    How many times have you used the EA password? It's only good for 3 attempts or 48 hours. Are you still able to do a 'lookup' in the GAL from the Blackberry?
    I've definitely tried the password more than 3 times. I knew it had a 48 hour life span, I didn't know there was a max number of attempts. I don't know what a lookup in the GAL is I'm afraid! Please explain! (Newbie here you see!).

Just realised you mean look up a contact in the Global Address List...no I can't. I don't get the lookup option when I hit menu with a new email open.

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~we had a simular error on 2 phones we were bringing onto our BES (except ours was a new setup). The carrier passed us on to the administrator (me) then to RIM. We went back to the carrier and they found a slight configuration error on their end on the second look. Try them again.

Quote Originally Posted by walterwt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~we had a simular error on 2 phones we were bringing onto our BES (except ours was a new setup). The carrier passed us on to the administrator (me) then to RIM. We went back to the carrier and they found a slight configuration error on their end on the second look. Try them again.
    Will do, thanks. And if they can't fix it they'll end up with my Pearl being sent back (in lots of little pieces).

Will let you know what I uncover and then post the fix when I get there.

Thanks.

Update. I'm screwed! Orange UK are saying that they don't support BES only BIS and that everything is fine at their end. My IT support (in the US five hours behind when I'm in London) are saying that there is nothing wrong at their end either! What can I do?! The MOST bloody annoying thing is that it was working absolutely seamlessly with both my AOL and work email. This sucks!

PIN/ID
    400DD044

j

Are you getting the 'activation' email into your Inbox on the mail client? Should look something like this 'network @ etp05.etp. na. blackberry.net'. It should contain an attachment (ETP.DAT) that has your PIN number from the BB, once it hits your Inbox the BES will pick it up and start the activation process. If you're not receiving these, check you Deleted Items and Junk E-Mail folders. If they are there I would consider looking at any rules or filters that you might have in place. Good Luck!

PIN/ID
    400DD044

I would also check your SMTP email address to make sure there aren't any additional characters, ex. john.smith2@domain.com

bengoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2508b650
    Orange uk definately support BES however when you speak to a csr they will tell you they only support bis as they will only deal with bes with corporate customers!

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

Are you activating wirelessly through BES. I had this problem and the fix for me was to activate it via USB from my office desktop~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

j

Are you getting the 'activation' email into your Inbox on the mail client? Should look something like this 'network @ etp05.etp. na. blackberry.net'. It should contain an attachment (ETP.DAT) that has your PIN number from the BB, once it hits your Inbox the BES will pick it up and start the activation process. If you're not receiving these, check you Deleted Items and Junk E-Mail folders. If they are there I would consider looking at any rules or filters that you might have in place. Good Luck!
    Nope - these aren't coming through - which with my limited knowledge I assume to mean I'm not hitting the server...

I would also check your SMTP email address to make sure there aren't any additional characters, ex. john.smith2@domain.com
    Double double checked. That's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by bengoff
    Orange uk definately support BES however when you speak to a csr they will tell you they only support bis as they will only deal with bes with corporate customers!
    That's good to know. The tricky thing is that I am a non-corporate customer. My company is huge in the States and issue BBs as standard and therefore have BES support with all the carriers - however we've just started a London office and I just got a personall BB that I expense - so my IT guys can't talk to Orange on my behalf. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by twillingham
    Are you activating wirelessly through BES. I had this problem and the fix for me was to activate it via USB from my office desktop~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am trying to activate wirelessly. I didn't know I could activate through BES on my desktop....? I don't have any BB software on my work laptop - and as I'm not an administrator I can't download any. Twillingham could you explain the way to do this via USB step by step for a newbie BBer! Thanks!
    Last edited by jbonnett; 07-07-2007 at 06:10 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast