The contacts in my BB address book have not sync'd have with the changes I ... Server Admins forum

jbpenney no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24040D4A

Question Help: How to Resync BB Address book with Exchange Server/Outlook?

Advertisement

The contacts in my BB address book have not sync'd have with the changes I made to my Outlook contacts after doing some year-end pruning of stale records. I'm running OS 4.2 and sync wireless to my company's BES. How can I wirelessly re-sync only my contacts on my BB with the changes made in Outlook? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year.

bbdcdude no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help: How to Resync BB Address book with Exchange Server/Outlook?

You can try this:
    - Go to the address book
    - Go to "Options"
    - Change "wireless synchronization" to NO
    - Save your changes and go back to the address book screen
    - Follow the same procedure but change "wireless synchronization" back to YES

I must say I never tried this with the address book but it worked with the calendar for me.

Good luck!

PS: last resort solution: wipe the handheld and re-activate. That will force a complete sync with your BES

jbpenney no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24040D4A

Thanks much for the quick reply. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I've noticed that it's pretty easy to blow away the service that wirelessly syncs Address Books, Tasks, Memos, etc. Fingers crossed. If not, I'll have our Admins let me do an Enterprise Activation.

hauphan no está en línea Stack level 1

what you can also do is turn of wireless sync under you address book options, connect your device to your computer and delete the address book until backup/restore. then re-enable the wireless sync and it will download whatever is in your contact list.

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I found this on another website which I found interesting.

All you need to do is go to Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation and in the email field press and hold the ALT key and type CNFG. Once you enter this a hidden menu will appear and you need to change "Wireless Sync" to No, now exit this menu and wait 30 seconds and repeat the process but turn sync back to Yes. Once you've changed this setting you will see a slow sync will automatically start and it will repair all the wireless sync settings. In the rare case that this fails you just need to wipe the device and reactivate.

edit: I see this posted 2 other places on this site as well. A few of the users at my work are having this problem so hopefully this fixes it.

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1
    You may also experience a problem with a synch of the address book if you hav -any- entries missing all three of these: first name, last name & company.

This will affect a slow synch during Enterprise Activation and cause it to fail.

Trevor