Hello, I purchased my first blackberry ever yesterday from VZW and I am attempting to ... Server Admins forum

ahwill no está en línea Stack level 1

Help Needed

Advertisement

Hello,
    I purchased my first blackberry ever yesterday from VZW and I am attempting to get BES 4.1.4 working on our Exchange server.

The installation went through without any issue, I can do the SRP network test to Blackberry's servers without any issue. I read through the installation PDF several times over.

I added myself and created an initial password. When I try to activate the phone to the enterprise server over the air, it runs on the phone for around 10 minutes and then it errors out and tells me to contact the systems administrator. I checked all the log files and I see no mention of my email address around the times I start the activation process. I removed my user and added it a couple of times to no avail.

How do I begin trouble shooting this? One thing I don't quite understand yet is how the phone talks to my BES server to activate and get information.

parrie no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Help Needed

Do you know if the device is provisioned for BIS or BES? If you didn't tell them that you were going to use the Blackberry on a BES server, they probably provisioned it for BIS. You can call them and have them change that for you.

Tim_W no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm a BES Admin for my company. Maybe you shoul try a couple of things:

1) Make sure your BB has the correct data plan or it won't work. I use the Blackberry Unlimited Data plan for all my end users. Place a call with Verizon and give them the cell number you are trying to add to your BES. They can check to see if you have the correct plan.
    2) Are you getting the 1XEV on your Verizon BB? If not, you may need to wipe the Blackberry, then re-provision your Blackberry and go thru the "register now" procedure to get your Service books to download on your device. The service books allows you to get the data on your device. Without it, you are dead in the water.
    3) Make sure during Enterprise Activation the e-mail address is typed correctly on the device and the password is the same on the BES and the device. Sometime you can mis-spell a word on the device and if it doesn't match what is on the BES, then you will get an error message.

When you are done doing these steps, then try it again.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Welcome to Pinstack Tim_W.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks my brother!

m8kulook no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C895E0

I need help. This morning my browser icon disappeared. I'm on the Sprint network and I've seen the other problems others were having this morning. Is this just an update going on or something else? I have the 8703e.

All you have to do is press the ALT button and the trackwheel at the same time. You will see three selections: "HIDE APPLICATION" "MOVE APPLICATION" and "SHOW ALL" menu pop up in the right corner of your screen. Select "SHOW ALL" and your browser icon should reappear.