Anyone know how to make it so my emails will delete from my handheld when ... Server Admins forum

altboy no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP!!!!--delete emails in Outlook/Entourage but they don't delete on handheld!!!!

Advertisement

Anyone know how to make it so my emails will delete from my handheld when they are deleted from my inbox in Entourage?
    We are using Exchange 2003.
    We are using BES.
    I have ctrl>click on inbox>empty cache in Entourage
    I have Reconcile Now on my BB.
    Still, nothing.

Any thoughts?
    Has this already been posted?
    I've viewed the items concerning hard delete and we don't want to permanently delete items from our deleted items folder.

Thoughts...please...

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: HELP!!!!--delete emails in Outlook/Entourage but they don't delete on handheld!!!

First, for a message to delete on the BlackBerry when you delete it in Entourage, it has to go to the Exchange Mailbox's Deleted Items folder. You need to find out if Entourage is actually doing that. If Entourage is making it LOOK like that, but it's not happening on the Exchange server, it won't happen on the BlackBerry.

Now, on your BlackBerry, go into Messages, click the Menu button and select Options --> Email Reconciliation. Make sure that Message Services: is set to Desktop. If it isn't, hit [Space] until it is. (If you hit [Space] and it doesn't change, just continue). It should be set as follows:
    Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld (this is the action when you delete on your BlackBerry)
    Wireless Reconcile: On (MUST be ON)
    On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins

Keep us posted.
    JerryD

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: HELP!!!!--delete emails in Outlook/Entourage but they don't delete on handheld!!!

In addition to Jerry's information, If the deletion is of the immediate permanent type (like Shift Delete in Outlook) or the Deleted Items Folder is being emptied before the reconciliation takes place, The BES doesn't recognize that the email has been deleted.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Well, I got frustrated and started over.
    (wiped out handheld, re-activated, etc).
    Now when i go to Email Reconciliation I don't have the Message Services option at all. Where did it go?
    Secondly, the correct Inbox is not being loaded into my messages.
    So, i go to messages, menu, view folder, INBOX...it opens the correct INBOX! The inbox that syncs with my desktop! But as soon as I leave it, my messages inbox on my handheld goes back to a different inbox. An inbox that has my emails from my inbox, but it doesn't sync AND it shows emails that are sent (from Desktop).

Am I making sense?

I guess the question is how do I make sure the Inbox that shows on my handheld is indeed my INBOX in my Entourage folder tree?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

First, if you're receiving emails, you must have a service! I don't know for sure, but it may not display Message Service if you've only got one configured. Perhaps you haven't resent the service books for your BIS email yet?

You need to clarify your second issue. Keep in mind that Messages displays ALL Messages including BIS email. Speaking of which, if you haven't resent your BIS Service Books (see above), you will still receive your BIS email (it gets sent to the BlackBerry based on PIN), but it won't have any associated service until you get the service books. You can see what service books you have by going to Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books. Email service books are identified as emailaddress[CMIME] (except for your BES email which is Desktop[CMIME].

ALSO, for quite some time now, emails sent from Outlook (err Entourage) now appear in your Messages list with a check to the left of the message - just like an email sent from the BlackBerry. However, if you open an email you sent from Entourage, all you'll see is header information. Providing the message is still in your Sent Items folder, you can retrieve the full email using the More option.

If any messages in your Entoruage Inbox are appearing in your Messages list, you're getting them all. Unfortunately, as lamented many times here, Messages is ALL incoming email, and optionally Sent and SMS messages too. You get a separate icon for each BIS account, but no icon for your BES account. There is a utility (not free) available that does give you a BES icon - Empower BES MailBox: 2.0.4.52 - OTA - Web ($).

Hope that helps.
    JerryD

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

same issue
    Last edited by BBP; 01-12-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Hi jdellasala:

I am not sure why the mention of Service Books and Message Service.
    I am tied into our BES and emails are coming into my BB8830 just fine.
    It is the Inbox syncing that is the issue.
    My Messages Inbox on my phone does not mirror my Inbox in my Outlook/Entourage.

I have already done the following accept that which is highlighted because I don't show that option on my BB8830:

Go into Messages, click the Menu button and select Options --> Email Reconciliation. Make sure that Message Services: is set to Desktop. If it isn't, hit [Space] until it is. (If you hit [Space] and it doesn't change, just continue). It should be set as follows:
    Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld (this is the action when you delete on your BlackBerry)
    Wireless Reconcile: On (MUST be ON)
    On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins

I hope that provides clarity.

Thank-you-
    altboy

No, the deletion is just a standard deletion and it shows up in my deleted items folder in my Outlook/Entourage, as well as Exchange (note...we are using BES tied into our exchange).

Another interesting error I'm getting on someone else's 8830 is in their Messages inbox.
    They are receiving double of all their emails.
    Any thoughts on why this is happening?
    When I go to Messages, Menu Button, View Folder, and I select the folder from the folder tree that says INBOX...it turns out to mirror her Desktop (Outlook). Not sure why this view is not seen initially and who wants to have to go to their folder file tree, select INBOX, every-time they go to their handheld?
    These quirks are annoying...

Thoughts?