When i enable email signature from BB it's not applying is that an IT policy ... Server Admins forum
Handhled email signature?
When i enable email signature from BB it's not applying is that an IT policy issue?
Where are you enabling this feature?
Most of the time the signatures are within your BIS accounts and you can change them there.
If you are on a BES, the IT Policy will overwrite any changes you make on your phone, regardless if it allows you to make the change.
An IT Policy can govern whether you can add a signature or not.
Kalebsdad78 from where i can enable that in the policy? Thanks
See if this helps from the BTSC
Problem - A BlackBerry smartphone user is unable to modify the default auto signature provided with the IT policy.
Cause - When the BlackBerry smartphone user tries to modify the default auto signature provided with the IT policy, the IT policy is updated and the default auto signature is re-applied.
To successfully modify the default auto signature, follow these steps:
Additional Information - The IT Policy is updated on the BlackBerry smartphone when one of the following occurs:
- In BlackBerry Manager, copy the text from the auto signature provided with the IT policy.
- Once the text has been copied, delete it from the auto signature and leave the auto signature field blank.
- In the Server Configuration tab, click Edit Properties and then select Messaging.
- Double-click Disclaimer Text and then paste the text that was copied in step 1.
Note: The BlackBerry Enterprise Server periodically resends the IT Policy if the Policy Resend Interval is set. For more information see KB03104
- The Resend IT Policy IT Admin command is used on the BlackBerry smartphone user account in BlackBerry Manager.
- The BlackBerry smartphone is connected to BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
Last edited by GaryF; 05-16-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Thanks....I paste my signature in desktop manager and working... but when I reply messages, signature is includeded in the reply too is there is a way to make signatures go out for new messages only?
Last edited by BBP; 05-18-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Tags for this Thread