Empower your company with Google Maps. On a business trip? Can't find your way around ... Server Admins forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Google Maps for Enterprise users

Advertisement

Empower your company with Google Maps.

On a business trip? Can't find your way around a new city? Now you can get Google Maps — with live traffic updates, maps, directions, and business locations — for your corporate BlackBerry device.

Local listings and directions — Find what you need when you're away from home (on business or otherwise), and plan the fastest route to get it.

Real-time traffic — Late for a meeting? See where the congestion is, and estimate delays in over 30 major US metropolitan areas.

Movable maps and satellite imagery — Interactive maps let you zoom and move in all directions so you can orient yourself visually.

Visit:
    google.com/gmm/bes

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Google Maps for Enterprise users

Corporations gets all the good stuff! :'(~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Anybody can get Google Maps. Just visit www.google.com/gmm on your BlackBerry browser and you can download it from there. The above link is just the ALX file so that us BES admins can send it over the air.

88HUNNIT no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im using googlemaps and it is the sweetest thing! My wife wanted dunkin donuts so I whipped out my berry and did a search and sure enough 8 locations came up. Every location was flagged on a map with the option of street address and fone number.. Who needs telenav? Lol

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Ah, i thought those were premium features for google maps. I have it but i have not used it much yet.

littleyertle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    312E219B

I have it and I love it...

and, like the website, you can switch between satellite and aerial...

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it's probably my most used BB app. It's amazing! I always check my google maps for traffic times to and from work to see what it tells me the delays are. Amazing.

swtrainer no está en línea Stack level 2

I've been using Google Maps for a while and really find it useful. There is a similar feature now available via voice - its GOOG-411. You dial 800-GOOG-411 and say the city/state and what you're looking for, such as Evansville, Indiana Popeye's Chicken and it will give you the address and phone number and even dial it for you automatically - all this at no charge. Google really seems to be heading down the right track for mobile telephone use.

dazzpowder no está en línea Stack level 2

MAy be a stupid question but...Can Google maps work with the GPS on an 8800 device?

Thanks

skipfish no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone, please upload these alx files to any filesharing service? I can't get them because google redirects my browser to google.com/gmm instead of google.com/gmm/bes

thanks in advance

pkid no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by dazzpowder
    MAy be a stupid question but...Can Google maps work with the GPS on an 8800 device?

Thanks
    Absolutely!!! If you go to the google dot com slash gmm link from your BB it appears to automagically recognize your 8800 and will offer a link to download a version for the 8800 that will locate where you are. It works pretty good, my 6 year-old daughter loves to watch where we are as we drive down the street. My first experience with GPS... it seems to lose the "live" connection to the GPS from time to time... also, if you overlay directions, it won't automatically update to the "next step" once your "blue dot" arrives there.... so it kind of has a feel of a "beta" version as far as the GPS part of it goes... better than Blackberry Maps in that you have Satellite view, but Blackberry maps has the addition of telling you how fast you are going and announcing cross streets as you approach, etc....

All free!!! Amazing. I haven't tried TeleNav yet, I may activate the 30-day trial if I go on a trip sometime. As far as I can tell, the only thing you get are automatic "voice" commands to "turn left"... etc.