Hey Guys Management have decided that they want all out blackberry users to have the ... Server Admins forum

BigHand no está en línea Stack level 1

Global Theme Setup

Advertisement

Hey Guys

Management have decided that they want all out blackberry users to have the same theme and wallpaper (the company logo), and make them unable to change the appearence. They've also decided they want everyone to have the same shortcut key configuration.

I've spent days trawling through the different IT Policy and Software Configuration settings to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea if this is possible?

We're running RIM Blackberry Manager V 4.1.0.38

Most of our BB's will be Curves running OS 4.2

Regards

Greg

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Global Theme Setup

We have considered the same here. Luckily it was shot down due to some devices being owned by users not the firm. Good luck.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

not sure about IT policys big hand and the global convenience key set up, but here's my take on the theme, since that's what i do

the home screen (where the icons would be) isn't lockable, by a user or theme builder...but the lock screen is. Once the theme is loaded on to the bb, the lockscreen cannot be altered. that's where you would put your company logo

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

What is the reasoning behind the company logo? Do "they" just want everyone to be the same? Other than the user, times will be few and far between that anyone else sees that much of the device.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

i believe you can...

-remove all themes except the base theme dimension zen or regular. THen load your custom theme.
    -use desktop manager to basically block, usb mode, ota,

i believe you might be able to force device settings and synchronize them on bes.. that way they can make a change and periodically bes will force out the settings instead of saving them... example.. when you wipe your blackberry and re-activate, all your settings are pushed to the phone. find a way to stop the syncrho and just the push.

BigHand no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146
    What is the reasoning behind the company logo? Do "they" just want everyone to be the same? Other than the user, times will be few and far between that anyone else sees that much of the device.
    Most of the staff who have blackberrys will either be trainers or consultants for our product (which has a blackberry client), or be demoing it.

The Directors think it would be more professional if all these had out logo as the wallpaper, rather than a picture of their pet dog (as the curves have built in cameras I wouldn't be surprised if people did this).

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I would suggest designing an adhesive to place on the company Berry's. (Maybe around the screen or on the battery cover)
    Last edited by showtime; 09-21-2007 at 04:48 PM.

najinaji no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

my pearl can not read themes...installed....it did ..but all of the sudden..i dont know what happened..do i need a theme reader if yes may i have the link? thanx