How do I get the global address book from our exchange server to show up ... Server Admins forum

dgibb23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Global Address Book

Advertisement

How do I get the global address book from our exchange server to show up on the blackberry? Also if someone is removed from Active directory and their mailbox deleted will it sync and remove it from the blackberry.

When I do the enterprise activation it syncs their personal contacts but the global address book does not come over, it used to but no longer does. Anyone have any ideas?
    BES
    -------
    Sorry forgot BES 4.0.5 and exchange 2003.
    Last edited by dgibb23; 01-25-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged.

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Re: Global Address Book

BB users have access to the exchange address book via a look-up feature, which is one the menu. If they choose to add the address or contact to their personal contact folder, they can do this as well.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

How exactly? I have always wanted to but cant find any "look up" function when sending an email.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

start typing the name you want and up at the top there is an options for look up

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

You should have "LOOK UP" as a menu option under your address book and when you start to type an email. This LOOK UP should look up the name (or matches) on the Exchange Server.

Trust me - I'm trying to get our IT/BES group to put more information/contacts on this so I don't have to carry 1600 contacts on my blackberry. All we currently have is employee names and emails (and PINs for the BB users)....(SIGH)

ssullivan8130 no está en línea Stack level 2

Here are some screenshots of what it should look like:

andyn no está en línea Stack level 1

Open your Outlook, Click NEW: Click TO: your global address book will open. Highlight first address, press shift key, highlight last address, this will highlight them all. Right click, COPY or ADD to Contacts will open in new box, click that and this will add your global address to your contacts and depending on whether you have wireless or cable sync, voila! They are in your BB.