Hi We run BES 4.0 and I want to know if anyone has worked out ... Server Admins forum

slewis1972 no está en línea Stack level 1

Getting a email to say when a new device is added to BES?

Advertisement

Hi

We run BES 4.0 and I want to know if anyone has worked out a way to get an email to say when a new device has been added to the BES?

I know if we turned on alerts but we will get floated with emails as this includes every event under the sun.

Any ideas?

Scott

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Getting a email to say when a new device is added to BES?

We have 4.1 on a test server and it will send the email, no luck on our production 4.0 though.

slewis1972 no está en línea Stack level 1

How have you the alerst setup in 4.1?

Set 4,0 up to send me informational alerts, tested it with new install, no email.

Any ideas?

Scott

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1

If it can't be done within BES 4.0 and you have your database on a SQL Server (not MSDE), then you might be able to do something.

I'm not a SQL admin, but I would think that it can be done: When a new row is added to the BESMgmt database in the UserConfig table, use SQL mail to send the alert.

I have the problem where we need to remove a BES user after they've left the company, but I never get the notice. So I use Excel to compare an HR data extract which has the termination date to the current BES user list. When there's a match of a term'd user on the BES, I know I can delete.

Trevor

tlowe no está en línea BES Pro

I run BES 4.1.4 and I get alerts when there are changes to my BES server. I just set it up in BES alert.

21A
    21A no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the alert severity level set to Warning and I get messages when users are added, activated and deleted. They show up with [AUDIT] as the severity level, which is a little weird, so I don't know exactly at which alerting threshold these begin to be included.

You might want to consider setting up alerting at the Warning or Error levels. Most of the things it will alert you about at these levels are things you'd probably want to be aware of (SRP connection drops, Exchange ill health, unexpected service restarts, and the like).