I spent a good 2 hours on the phone with RIM today but to no ... Server Admins forum

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

Getting App World working on a BES

Advertisement

I spent a good 2 hours on the phone with RIM today but to no avail. They said "the system is overwhelmed", I don't buy it, so I digress.

I installed the App World application and when I load it I get the error (see attachment). A friend suggested that it may be because I'm on a BES server, since he has no problem accessing it (he's not on a BES). So I grabbed a Berry that isn't on my BES and it worked like a champ.

So now I call RIM. They mention that it may be linked to my IT Policy on the server. However, there was no entry for App World as it just got launched today. So I ran the rule import process mentioned in KB17809. Still no go. Re-apply IT policy, no good. Grab another berry on my BES, it too cannot connect to App World.

Again the tech said it could simply be because the system is swamped because it's day one. Yet, the berry in my other hand that isn't on my BES could connect. Again, I don't buy it.

I don't know if it's an IT Policy issue or not, but I'm sure it's something really simple. Anyone else out there have an issue like this?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

amazonka no está en línea Stack level 1

Works today

We run BES 4.1.6 and I had successfully downloaded and ran the app on my Curve 8310
    ~Amazonka~

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Solution from RIM. Delete the Desktop [IPPP] service book. Did that and it works!