Hello, i have an 8820 and an 8310...i like the 8820 way more so it ... Server Admins forum

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

forwarding email from BES server

Advertisement

Hello, i have an 8820 and an 8310...i like the 8820 way more so it is my main device but as all of you know there is no camera, and at times, i am in need of a camera.

I know it is not possible to have 2 berries linked to the BES at the same time for the same account....my question is this:

is there a way for me to forward my email to the 8310 for the times where i want to switch. i know it is possible for me to have my BES administrator just generate a new password each time but i just dont want to be a pain the you know what...

thanks all, please help me figure a way to have bot devices work with the BES server....much appreciated..

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: forwarding email from BES server

hmmm, i have no experience with BES - on BIS i would just swap out my SIM card.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    2457af8e

yes, i can swap the sim for all of my BIS email accounts (gmail) but i need to know how to forward my corporate email at the very least so if i cant activate 2 bb's at once, at least i can get my email on both...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Um, you set up redirect on the server... that's all there is to it.

Either that or go through Enterprise Activation each time you switch.

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    hmmm, i have no experience with BES - on BIS i would just swap out my SIM card.
    And update the PIN & IMEI in BIS.

PIN/ID
    2457af8e

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Um, you set up redirect on the server... that's all there is to it.

Either that or go through Enterprise Activation each time you switch.

And update the PIN & IMEI in BIS.

ok, so regardless, my admin has to get involved, either to activate on the BES or forward my email, correct?

I am trying to avoid being a pain in the butt so if these are my options, i might a well just activate the phone on the server each time..

mremy01 no está en línea Stack level 1

If you have POP enabled on your exchange server, you could create a web account for the enterprise email account and that will allow you to use it on both phones. I know on my vz 8830, I can go to email account and just use my email address and network password and my emails will flow through and be used just like a hotmail or yahoo acct.

PIN/ID
    2457af8e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had originally done that when I started there but found that while I was able to send emails, I wasn't getting my emails...I guess ill try it again on my other phone and see what happens.

Is there a way for my admin to create a static password for my account so I can switch at will?

Thanks for all the responses...not really that familiar with BES yet..

PIN/ID
    2457af8e

...That was the reason I had gotten the BES plan..

PIN/ID
    2457af8e

Can the admin enable pop if it isn't already?
    (Sorry, I keep thinking of questions...lol)

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Hi Salvatoretri,

Yes, you can do this, but it does require intervention from your BES/Exchange admin (I assume you're using Exchange). I've set this up for users at an affiliated company. Though we don't allow it in our infrastructure for security reasons (and it's disabled by default in exchange server), you can set up an IMAP account (Or pop if you want to go a bit more archaic ) via Blackberry's e-mail setup site (BIS) and link your corporate e-mail to the device (via IMAP) that you use less often.

Drop this into Google: bis.na.blackberry

You may already be familiar with setting up BIS accounts, but not knowing your level of experience, do the following:

1.) Be sure you have the BIS service books on your device (from the "personal e-mail setup" you can request them)
    2.) From that same screen you can set up your "account" with BIS so that you can get a username/password established.
    3.) Log into the site you'll see at the top of the list from the aforementioned Google search and it's pretty self explanatory from there.

If your admin has IMAP enabled (in Exchange), great, you're likely good to go unless your exchange properties for your box don't allow access, but your admin would probably rather do the simple three or so click process of allowing you IMAP access rather than switching devices on you all the time through the BES con... Which can sometimes cause issues and a real headache when re-adding users when they've been activated before with the same PIN.

The main highlight though is that IMAP/POP is disabled by default on Exchange 2003, which often times admins don't even realize. Before I got my certs I thought it was automatic and spent about an hour trying to figure out why a user couldn't set up IMAP accounts in their Outlook :-(

Hope that helps!

PIN/ID
    2457af8e

Pw, thanks for the tip...i figured it was something like that because everywhere else i have ever worked, i have always been able to access my email through BIS like a pop account and never had an issue...ill have to get with my admin and see if he will make those changes...thanks for the help!!