I just got access to an enterprise server at a new job and am still ... Server Admins forum

psallee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243705F2

Folders w/BES

Advertisement

I just got access to an enterprise server at a new job and am still learning the many differences between this and using email, etc. through BIS. If I read email on my computer it will automatically show as read or deleted, etc. on my blackberry. The only trouble I'm having is if I folder something on my computer but have deleted from my handheld, I can't access it on the handheld. Do I just need to not delete anything that I want in folders?

Also, I can no longer sync a contact in my BB with a facebook friend through the FB app. Any thoughts?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    With regard the the FB app, this could be the IT department blocking the service. With BES I believe the company's IT department has a large degree of control how the phone is used and what applications can be accessed.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by psallee View Post
    The only trouble I'm having is if I folder something on my computer but have deleted from my handheld, I can't access it on the handheld. Do I just need to not delete anything that I want in folders?
    I can only give view from my perspective.
    Our BES is based on Lotus Notes, and on it if you move some mail in folder, you DON'T see it anymore on BB.
    It's also case with mail automatically foldered trough rules.

It could function in different way on BES based on other e-mail solutions...

Regarding FB sync... Lotus Notes administrators on BES have ALL control over your phone.
    So they can block any webpage, any software or any service on your device trough policy...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

MobiBiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by psallee View Post
    I just got access to an enterprise server at a new job and am still learning the many differences between this and using email, etc. through BIS. If I read email on my computer it will automatically show as read or deleted, etc. on my blackberry. The only trouble I'm having is if I folder something on my computer but have deleted from my handheld, I can't access it on the handheld. Do I just need to not delete anything that I want in folders? ?
    Hi Psallee, this appears to be an issue with the folder redirection settings on the device/server what is needed is to follow the following steps and the issue would be resolved. http://gsfn.us/t/2asf7