Hello everyone, I've finally setup a BES at home, quite happy with it. One thing ... Server Admins forum

lieb39 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Folders 'Synced' - but empty?

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I've finally setup a BES at home, quite happy with it. One thing though - one of the main reasons I went for this setup..

I'm now setting up folders and putting mail in them via iMap on my favorite email client. The folders are appearing on the blackberry when I select 'view folder', however when I open the folders, they are empty on the Blackberry - but not on the email server.

Is there something I'm missing here.. or do I need to force this, etc?

Thanks!

lieb39
    Anyone who is familiar and willing to discuss/help me with BES, add me to your BB Messenger! Cheers :)

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Folders 'Synced' - but empty?

Quote Originally Posted by lieb39
    Hello everyone,

I've finally setup a BES at home, quite happy with it. One thing though - one of the main reasons I went for this setup..

I'm now setting up folders and putting mail in them via iMap on my favorite email client. The folders are appearing on the blackberry when I select 'view folder', however when I open the folders, they are empty on the Blackberry - but not on the email server.

Is there something I'm missing here.. or do I need to force this, etc?

Thanks!

lieb39
    If you have an email server (Exchange, Notes, or Groupwise) AND a BES (BlackBerry ENTERPRISE Server) set up at home, you do indeed have BES. Otherwise you're using BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service).

I'm not familiar with iMap email at all, let alone on a BB, but if you're seeing folders you've set up on your iMap client on your BlackBerry as well, you may have the added functionality not found with typical a POP email account. However, you may still need to specify what folders are to be monitored by your BlackBerry. On your BlackBerry, go to Messages --> Options --> Email Settings, click the wheel and select Folder Reconciliation. You can expand folders with a + sign at the left by scrolling to that line and hitting Space. Any folder with a check might be reconciled with your BlackBerry. Typically only the Inbox and Sent Items are monitored.

If you don't see this option, or checking the boxes doesn't resolve the issue, you MIGHT be able to receive emails being filtered into folders if you have a computer you can leave Desktop Redirector running on. If that doesn't do it, you'll need to get a hosted BES account.
    JerryD

PIN/ID

Thanks for the reply, let me clarify a few things.

I am running BES setup, connected to my exchange server. It's not a Desktop Redirector, it's the proper, full blown BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Now I said iMap because I'm accessing my exchange server (the same mailbox that's tied to my BB) via iMap, that's the only equation in there.

Regardless, I have folders appearing on the BlackBerry, but they are empty. I've read posts that state the date of the messages may prevent the messages from being pushed to my handheld. I've modified the 'Prepopulation By Message Age' to 0, hopefully that cancels it.

And I actually selected all the folders on the BES Server itself to sync, which than changed the setting you described.

I've tried a Enterprise Activiation to see if that pushed the messages, but no luck.

Infact, if I move any messages, even to my inbox, on my machine, they don't appear on the BlackBerry. Is this normal?

Cheers
    Anyone who is familiar and willing to discuss/help me with BES, add me to your BB Messenger! Cheers :)

Bhaskar_K no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,
    I have worked on this problem,many time the mails in the folder are older than 7 days.By default BB setting will sync mails that are 7 days older.Can you try filing latest mail and then do "Reconcile now" in the folder where you have filed the mail.
    If this works,just check the mails which are not appearing in the folder are older than 7 days,if they are you need to change the setting to change the number of days to 15 or 30 as per ur convinence

All the best

PIN/ID

Would you by any chance know which setting this is in the server configuration? Also, if it's the setting I think it is (Don't have access right now) then the maximum for the field is 14 (Field range is 0-14 days)

Regardless, I've tried adding a day old email to one of the sub folders, but I couldn't get it to sync to the Blackberry.. full stop. It seems that at the moment..

The only way to get emails on the device is if they are brand new, unread messages.

Help!

Cheers

Bhaskar_K no está en línea Stack level 1

On the server

Select a user who is facing a problem
    then in service access - Choose folder for redirection.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaskar_K
    On the server

Select a user who is facing a problem
    then in service access - Choose folder for redirection.
    Not that easy at all, trust me - I did that first thing. It seems that there is a limit on what messages are pushed on Enterprise activation, and than after during normal day to day, no messages except new ones are pushed.

Cheers

JJohnson no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a few "Basic" questions, necessary to assist:

1) What version of BES (4.0, 4.1)?

2) Have you applied the latest Service Pack & Hotfix (SP2HF2) I believe is the latest

3) Have you checked the log file to see how the BES is handling new messages

I'm not sure of your setup, but I believe there is a issue with installing BES on the same machine as your Mail server. If I recall correctly, your connecting BES to a external mail account, and using IMAP 4 to pull down your mail? IMAP is cleaner than POP due to it does not pull massive loads of mail down at once. I would like to see your setup, but regardless, I think the 3 checks above may help troubleshoot/if not resolve your issue.

Best of luck....

PIN/ID

I've got it working now - I have no idea how though, but I did apply a policy setting that changed all the timing on expiration dates.

What I had in my head was that I could put files on my mailbox and have it appear on my BB - not the case apparently, anyways, I can file new messages that I retrieve and get them later.

Cheers