So far I have not been able to get a filter to catch these mails. ... Server Admins forum

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

Filter not catching List BCC mails

Advertisement

So far I have not been able to get a filter to catch these mails.

When our support system send an email to a customer, it uses the BCC field to send email to our "supportstaff" email list. I am on this list and I want these forwarded to the BB.

How can I have a filter grab a "mailing list" address (not my personal email address) if the list address is in the BCC: field and not the To: field?

- There is a "sent to" box in the filter config, but this seems to only catch the "To:" field
    - there are "BCC to me" checkboxes, but I think that only grabs the user's actual email address,and will not catch list addresses in the BCC field.

Are there other things I should look at that may be preventing this type of mail getting forwarded? Perhaps in the BES configuration...

All help appreciated, and I am glad to clarify if needed.
    Thanks,
    Dan

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Filter not catching List BCC mails

I am going to guess the Blind part of the BCC keeps the filter from seeing it. I am no filter expert tho, I never use them.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

dwc

I tested, and it seems that since I use an outlook rule to "folder" these messages to a subfolder of my inbox, that the BES filters never see them.

Theory: BES filters only apply to emails in your "inbox"

Question: Can I get a BES filter to catch mails that are foldered by Outlook rules?

-Dan

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

All you need to do is set a redirection for the sub folder you are sending the message too. You do this by going into Messages and pressing the trackwheel and select options; from options select Email Settings and press the track wheel an select Folder Redirection, just select the folder you auto file the BCCs too.

The only downside to this is the emails will appear on your device which you may not want.

dwc

Thanks Gary,
    I reset the redirection for that folder, and fixed a typo I had in the address to filter on and all is well now. (The basic problem, was my own typo in the filter address)