I would like to know If its possible to filter mail based on The address ... Server Admins forum

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

how do you filter in bes so that it only forwards mail from senders in the address bo

Advertisement

I would like to know
    If its possible to filter mail based on
    The address book so I can control when
    To redirect by the senders presence in the outlook address book and if not in addresses then no redirect. this would
    Eliminate unwanted mail to the berry and all other mail not known would
    Go to a bulk folder
    And not the berry
    To eliminate
    All spam and unnessary junk mail.
    The it department
    Is no help as they sent three hundred
    E mails with the link to the dst patch, instead of pushing it!!!!!! they are lost and I am looking to stop unwanted mail
    From bothering me
    And co workers as this happens a dozen times a day.. again
    The in house persons
    Are STUPID
    Thanks in advance

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: how do you filter in bes so that it only forwards mail from senders in the address bo

If you read that post like you would a poem....It's kinda fun!
    Heywood, I wish I could help you but I'm sure someone with a little more BES knowledge will pick this up soon.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

leob no está en línea BES Pro

Re: how do you filter in bes so that it only forwards mail from senders in the address bo

I don't know if there is an easier way to do this because filters require an email address or distrubution group name. Since personal distrubution groups don't sync back to devices my suggestion may be a bit of work, depending on the size of your address book.

You could create an email group on your device adding all your address book contacts. Then create a filter to only accept emails from that email group. You would have to set "If no filters apply, send emails to handheld:" to "NO".

If your BES Admin sees this he/she can change this on you from the BES. I hope this made sense.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would recommend setting up a rule in outlook to have any person(s) who aren't on a white list moved to a "bulk mail" folder. Then in desktop manager set it so that that folder is not checked by the BES. I'll post more instructions if necessary when I'm at my desk later this afternoon.

This is only a theory but I hope it helps.

bmccallyjr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401043FE

I have done a number of things to control spam to my BB. I use Cloudmark Enterprise on my BES. It was not that expensive and works well. You might could use it on the desktop, but you would need to leave Outlook open.
    The 2nd thing to do is to setup a slight delay in the emails being sent to your BB. This is a regedit setting. You can find the article at cloudmark.com/server/kb/?article=kb-cee-2i7n7vdg
    3rd, important item, is to enable the Hard Delete reconciliation. It is easy to setup in the BES manager. Read BB article KB-04853. You can find it in the blackberry.com tech bulletins blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04 853&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=14090060&stateId=1 %200%2014084999
    This hard delete removes the emails from your Outlook so that they are in turn removed from your BB. Once you get the processmaildelay tweaked and this hard delete setup, you should be happy with the result.
    Hope that helps.
    Bobby

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by HeywoodJ
    The it department
    You should get them to implement upstream spam filtering. It's really the best option on any BB.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks to everyone for your assistance.. due to lazy people
    Three hundred users spend so much time opening and deleting
    Spam that it adds up to a lot of
    Wasted time and money. Glad I dont pay for that time! it is over fifty hours a day to waste just five minutes per person
    Each day,and adds up to over fifty hours of payroll each day times
    Five or six days a week. (Damn)
    Sure wish I had that much money to waste. You would think that
    Someone would fix it eh.

bmccallyjr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401043FE

A little over 25% of my email is spam or unwanted emails. Cloudmark filters all of that out so that I do not even look at it. 1 or 2 spam emails might make it to my BB in a day. I have Cloudmark dump spam to a spam folder and the exchange server dellete everyones spam folder every 15 minutes.

donnadem no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: how do you filter in bes so that it only forwards mail from senders in the addres

I have a question regarding the above threads. I am a new BB user as of yesterday. (was a treo user- sorry) I set up BES and we are using exchange 2003 SP2. My BB gets email that never makes it to my oulook inbox. The spam filters on our exchange server block the mail so it doesn't get in my inbox but the BB gets it. I think part of the problem is that my BB gets the email before my inbox get it. Probably because of he spam checks each email goes thru.

Is there a setting that I could change to prevent the spam from making to the BB?