Hi, Here's one that's been an issue for me for ages, maybe you guys can ... Server Admins forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Filed Emails Problem

Advertisement

Hi,

Here's one that's been an issue for me for ages, maybe you guys can help...

I'm the BES admin for our company (V4.0). I've got a mixture of 8700, 8300, 8310 and 8900 devices.

Myself and my users file emails into relevant folders from either the BBs or from the email client, we're running Lotus Notes.

When the need arises to arrange a replacement BB because of a failure or loss I have the issue where all the filed emails are no longer available on the new BB. The emails in question are still in the folder they were filed in on the email client.

I've tried everytrhing to get them back from re-filing, deleting then refiling, re-sending then re-filing, but the emails just don't re-appear.

Once any new emails are filed, then sure enough, they are fine, just the filed emails prior to the new BBs are not on the BBs.

And just yesterday, an 8310 started to delete emails because of low memory and now the user has lost those filed email from his BB for ever!

I've checked everywhere, but there's no answer.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    When you sync a new BB to a user's profile, it only syncs the inbox, not filed messages. The only way to retrieve the older filed messages is to restore them off of a device backup.

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Thanks for the quick reply, MotoUp!

What about the issue where the filed emails were deleted by the devise because of low memory...the user still has the same device, is there a way to get these filed emails back seeing as the BB itself hasn't been changed?

Thanks.