All When a user is in outlook and they move a message from there inbox ... Server Admins forum

chbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Filed and saved messages on BES4.1 and BB

Advertisement

All

When a user is in outlook and they move a message from there inbox to a folder under there cabinet they are saying that the filed message is not showing up on ther BB under view folder.

I have tried this myself and waited for about 20 mins for reconciliation but they seem to be right.

so

1. If you file a message on the BB to a folder it seems to show up.

2. If you do it on your outlook it doesnt

3. Ref 1 the messages seem to be stored on the BB and have been transfered to Outlook

4. But if you delete on the BB it dissaperes from the BB when you view the folder but seems to stay on outlook!!!!!

Whats the point in that as i thought view folder was there to (View) folders and there contents without it being stored on the BB.

Anyones help would be appreciated

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Filed and saved messages on BES4.1 and BB

What email system are you running, I'm not familiar with the "cabinet". I know with exchange and Outlook, I can moves files in my mailbox to another folder in my box and they will file on the BB. If I move the message in outlook to a .pst attached, it won't move from my phone because the bb can't see my personal folder (.pst). I depends on where you are filing the message to, it has to go to a folder that the BB can see. Inbox, and subfolders.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chbb no está en línea Stack level 1

We are running Exchange 2003.

Now i can see a potential error here. it sounds like you are saying that the folders have to be in the inbox?

Apologises i forgot that the cabinet folder is not normally created but we migrated from exchange i am talking about the cabient folder that we create as a standard folder for all new users to place there own folders (keeps things tidy and consistant), they are all visable when you do a view folders on the BB but they are empty even after moving a new email from the inbox to one of these folders.

I have set folder redirection on the BES server for all folders in the cabinet.

Hope this helps

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by chbb
    When a user is in outlook and they move a message from there inbox to a folder under there cabinet they are saying that the filed message is not showing up on ther BB under view folder.
    That's to be expected. Email in a subfolder does not get redirected to the device unless you have set up folder redirection for subfolders that you want. By default only the inbox and sent items are redirected.

4. But if you delete on the BB it dissaperes from the BB when you view the folder but seems to stay on outlook!!!!!
    Again, you need to check the Delete On setting for each BB as it can be configured either way.

Whats the point in that as i thought view folder was there to (View) folders and there contents without it being stored on the BB.
    Nope. Email must be redirected to the device to view it on the device. You don't really have direct access to the Exchange account or else there would be no need for reconciliation in the first place.

Now i can see a potential error here. it sounds like you are saying that the folders have to be in the inbox?
    Not necessarily in the inbox but in the user's Exchange mailbox. BES can't reconcile with PST's or items that are permanently deleted. PST files are local archives on the user's PC so there's no way to guarantee access to the PST.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-23-2007 at 12:18 PM.