Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by adonoso I am getting the same error message. Could you elaborate on ... Server Admins forum

SSmokinjoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Failure installing BES 4.1.4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by adonoso View Post
    I am getting the same error message. Could you elaborate on the solution you found?
    Thanks
    What I ended up doing is creating a second account for the domain admins for example TimAdmin, Tim also has a regular account that is where he gets his email. I had to remove Tim as a member from the Domain Admin group. Microsoft has a list of Protected groups that a person using a BB in conjunction with BES can't be a member of. Below is that list...

The following list contains the protected groups in Windows 2000: •Enterprise Admins •Schema Admins •Domain Admins •Administrators

The following list contains the protected groups in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and in Windows 2000 after you apply hotfix 327825 or after you install Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4): •Administrators •Account Operators •Server Operators •Print Operators •Backup Operators •Domain Admins •Schema Admins •Enterprise Admins •Cert Publishers

Additionally, the following users are considered protected: •Administrator Krbtgt

Once I deleted the users from the domain admin group and any other protected group they were a member of I had to run a script (ResetAccountsadminSDHolder.vbs) so that admin count flag would be set back to "0". I simply copied the script which can be found here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817433 and pasted it into a new file on my DC. The instructions to execute the script are available on the page. I hope that this helps..
    Last edited by SSmokinjoe; 11-21-2007 at 09:59 AM. Reason: formating

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12