I have recently installed bes express with exchange 2003. When I open the bes manger ... Server Admins forum

amoham3 no está en línea Stack level 2

Failed to open default message store

Advertisement

I have recently installed bes express with exchange 2003. When I open the bes manger I get the following error "Failed to open default message store"

I am very new to this can some one help and explain step by step how to resolve this. I have also reviewed the log file and the error in the log file is "agent 1 will not restart. it has reached the maximum of 10 restarts in a 24 hour period" can you please explain how to resolve this

also in the bes manager there is a diagram showing 2 servers and there is a "?" mark between the 2 servers is this also a problem

As i am very new to this please explain in detail PLS!!! THANKS

oppiTronic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2529ab95

Re: Failed to open default message store

Without knowing exactly what you have or did my best guess is a either a permisson problem (BES admin acount needs full rights on the store and seand on behalf of rights in AD and mailbox) or a DNS issue.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

amoham3, Welcome to PinStack.

I am not an expert on BES so really can't help you. Wanted to welcome you to the site and to let you know that there will be someone to help with this problem. oppiTronic could probably help if you had more information to provide him.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

amoham3 no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks what details do you need. Do I have to be logged in as BESadmin on the server and then run the BES manger after setting the correct permissions??

Any help on "agent 1 will not restart. it has reached the maximum of 10 restarts in a 24 hour period"

thanks

oppiTronic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2529ab95

Somehow the BES needs to connect to the mailbox store. By default in an exchange system only the user can connect to his mailbox and maybe the exchange admin account. All normal domain admin accounts usually are "denied" access to any mailbox.
    Therefor the account you use for the BES to connect to the mailbox store should not be any of the existing admin accounts but a new one with all full rights on the mailbox store and send on behalf rights on all mailboxes of users you want to at.
    You do not need to log on to the BES using this account, but in the BES config you need to set the account for mailbox acces.

eekman no está en línea Stack level 1

I encountered this problem when I used terminal servers for our local support teams with BlackBerry Manager installed. They could only Add users from the GAL to the BES when they were Local Administrators on the Terminal Server. This was not desired and I looked for a solution.

Like with Exchange System Manager, you need the Global Objects Rights (Local Security), probably to create the "Mail" Namespace in the Control Panel.
    The Mail namespace can be used to configure MAPI Profiles.
    After I granted the Create Global Objects right on the TS to the affected user(group), the BlackBerry Manager started without any errors and the admins could add users from the GAL without any problem.

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

You do not want full rights on the store. I will respond with the proper answer when I get to work tonight.

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

- This article explains how to set all proper permissions for the BlackBerry Service Account.
    What Is - Assigning permissions for the BlackBerry Administrator account Article Number: KB-02276
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02 276&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=1487349&stateId=0% 200%201485666

If it still fails then create a entirely new service account.

Switch service accounts for BlackBerry Enterprise Server software versions 4.0 and 4.1 Doc ID : KB04293
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04 293&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=1844939&stateId=0% 200%201621833