Hi, all: This is my first post here. I have a Blackberry Enterprise server (4.1.3.18) ... Server Admins forum

Yanie no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Excessive Network Traffic

Advertisement

Hi, all:
    This is my first post here.

I have a Blackberry Enterprise server (4.1.3.18) connecting to Lotus Domino servers
    Hub in the UK which is a 6.5.5 relay box, the spokes are 5.12 Domino servers connected throughout Europe, Benelux, France, Sweden etc....
    Now they have stated to generate a redicoulous amount of high network traffic when
    connecting to and from the BES server, 50kbps per user, this is constant day and night 24-7
    continously, does anyone have any suggestions on configuring or changing the BES server
    to tone this down, I did not configure the server and I beleive that the server has been
    configured wrong.( when I switch the BES server of the traffic stops.)

Thank you
    Last edited by Yanie; 11-06-2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: looking good

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Excessive Network Traffic

Hi, welcome to the stacks! Has this problem always occurred or is this something new? I can't find the url but I remember something about the domino 6.x box connecting to a domino 5.x mail server. I believe the fix was upgrading the domino mail server but let me keep looking.

Oh quick thought what port is all the traffic on? You could setup some type of QOS.
    Last edited by jrockett; 11-06-2007 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Quick thought.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by jrockett View Post
    Hi, welcome to the stacks! I can't find the url but I remember something about the domino 6.x box connecting to a domino 5.x mail server. I believe the fix was upgrading the domino mail server but let me keep looking.

O.K. Thank you
    -------
    O.K. Thank you
    Last edited by Yanie; 11-06-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged.

philfna no está en línea BES Pro

One of my friendly admins across the aisle in Lotus Domino land has informed me he had the same problem, and he upgraded to the latest revision and the problem of excessive bandwidth disappeared. He says he was on the phone with RIM for quite awhile, but the solution was to get to the latest revision.

Post Re: Excessive Network Traffic

What did he upgrade Notes or Bes

Thanks

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

We had this issue too and its the fact that you server is 5.0.13 and if you BES server is Domino version 6.x and up its trying to sync read and unread marks wirelessly and its causing the traffic. Downgrade you BES to be Domino 5.013a until ALL you other domino servers are 6.5x and higher