First post here, so here goes. (Did search first, no avail) I'm a kind of ... Server Admins forum

zerodayz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Enterprise Mail and BIS mail the same after OS upgrade.

Advertisement

First post here, so here goes. (Did search first, no avail)

I'm a kind of BES admin of sorts...

Just upgraded the OS on my 8100 to 4.2.1.101

I have three email accounts set up; One BES account (Enterprise) and two BIS (Vodafone) private ones.

I used to use the message background colours option to differentiate betweeen the accounts.

However, everytime I upgrade the OS (4.2.1.96 and now .101) All accounts are treated as Enterprise messages, that is, all accounts (emails) have the same colours.

I fixed it once before I think, by restoring and old backup over the new OS. Its not fixing it this time.

I have re-sent all service books, re-registered all HRT's. Gone through the Enterprise Activation.

What am I missing? Is it the order I'm doing things perhaps?

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

zerodayz

series335 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31E6D6FD
    I wasn't even aware of OS update since.96. I would love to get back on BES. How do you activate enterprise? What data plan? Main reason is sync ability. Sorry didn't answer your Q but if you have any additional info would be sweet! THX

foggy415 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Enterprise Mail and BIS mail the same after OS upgrade.

Zerodayz - it should back this setting up and restore it automatically on the BES, but since it didnt this time, all you have to do is go on your device to options -> security options -> general settings, scroll down to message background colors and change the entry for "other messages" to your preferred color.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

When u are usb connecting the device to do the os, do you have a redirector set up?

It may be dropping the entire it policy back onto ur device (which I did before and it sucks).

zerodayz no está en línea Stack level 1

Just to let you all know, managed to fix the problem.

I wiped the device, and then did an Enterprise Activation. Then, sent the service books for my pop accounts.

It now understands the difference between Enterprise messages and personal ones.

Thanks for the replies.

As far as where I got the OS from, (someone asked) there is an active thread over in the 8100 forum. It's version 4.2.1.101 Seems pretty stable and fast so far.

zerodayz