Hi im new to blackberrys and in the deep end. Need to get personal email ... Server Admins forum

achestnutt no está en línea Stack level 1

Enterprise And Personal Email

Advertisement

Hi im new to blackberrys and in the deep end. Need to get personal email working on a blackberry thats on a enterprise server. I.e just need to set up the personal email to be done from over the web. step by step guide would be great. sorry if this has already been posted somewhere else cheers in advance

alex
    Last edited by achestnutt; 02-14-2007 at 07:32 AM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Enterprise And Personal Email

Alex, check your icon list. There should be one that says "Set up Internet E-Mail". If you click that and follow the links, it should allow you to add your personal email accounts, unless your BES admin has put a restriction on your adding personal accounts to the BB. Let us know how you make out.

achestnutt no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Im affraid there is no option for personal email account i have access to the BES to manage it and make changes so if someone could give a step by step of what to do to allow personal email that would be fantastic. Cheers Alex

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by achestnutt
    Hi Im affraid there is no option for personal email account i have access to the BES to manage it and make changes so if someone could give a step by step of what to do to allow personal email that would be fantastic. Cheers Alex
    I don't know if BES Admin restrictions affect this or not - thankfully our Admin didn't go power mad! I went from BIS to BES and retained my BIS email accounts. Have you tried going to your provider's BIS site, setting up and account and registering an email address etc? This might work as it will send the appropriate Service Books to your BB. You'll know instantly if has worked or not as you will get an email from Blackberry immediately.