Hi, I have a client in UK that says the actiavation keep gettting stuck at ... Server Admins forum

jerome521 no está en línea Stack level 2

Enterprise Activation stuck at 60%

Advertisement

Hi,
    I have a client in UK that says the actiavation keep gettting stuck at 60%. I already had her wipe the handheld and activation is still stuck at 60%. I've gone ahead and removed/re-added her to the BES , changed the password and wipe the handheld the second time with no avail. She called Vodafone and her account and data is alright. Any other ideas how to fix this? User is using a 8100. Thanks.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Enterprise Activation stuck at 60%

How long did it hang at 60%? I've had an activation take over two hours because of the amount of call logs and address book size. At what point is it hanging? Also make sure they have good signal strength.

How to identify and troubleshoot enterprise activation issues
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

let us know if this helped.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Assuming Exchange, one thing you should check is for conflicts in the user's Exchange mailbox - particularly Calendar conflicts which don't necessarily get reported by the ScanPST and ScanOST utilities.

Check my post here for how to find Calendar Conflicts (which can cause other sync problems).
    JerryD

BarnesIT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Multiple

Have you also tried removing her from BES completely, and readding? I had an existing user that got an upgrade, and no matter how many times I wiped the device, or started EA over, it would get stuck at 78%. The conflict ended up being with his relative path location (this is what syncs with their email client.) under the PIM sync option in user settings. I realized that his path had an extra letter in it only after I had readded him.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Is this an OTA activation or thru the USB cable?

Thanks for all your help. To answer all your questions, the user ran the OTA activation process overnight and it stopped at 60%. I'm not sure exactly what point it stopped. I have removed/re-added the user from BES a couple of times already. One thing I noticed though is that she's setup to have a custom mailbox size that is 500 mb. By default, the mailbox size for each user should only be 200 mb. Do you think the reason why its taking so long is because her mailbox is almost full? I've already asked the user to archive her email and im still waiting to hear back from her. I will try the troubleshooting doc. you provided and will let you know how what happens. Thanks for all the responses!

murashid.rahman no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi. .
    i did have the same issue with one of my colleagues i did some R and D and preapred a troubleshooting document for this . . i can send it to you if you want it mail me on murashid.rahman@gmail.com
    ...what happens activation happens ina step by step process ...it might get stuck at any step like synchronising the mailboc,syncing the contacts dictionary. . if at any of these has got any issue the activation stops as you are facing now...so what i ahev done is i ahve broken the activation process in to step step by step process ...first it will get only the mail box,then the contacts and calender items and so on. .
    this has worked 8 out of 10cases which i have come across. .
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by murashid.rahman View Post
    Hi. .
    i did have the same issue with one of my colleagues i did some R and D and preapred a troubleshooting document for this . . i can send it to you if you want it mail me on murashid.rahman@gmail.com
    ...what happens activation happens ina step by step process ...it might get stuck at any step like synchronising the mailboc,syncing the contacts dictionary. . if at any of these has got any issue the activation stops as you are facing now...so what i ahev done is i ahve broken the activation process in to step step by step process ...first it will get only the mail box,then the contacts and calender items and so on. .
    this has worked 8 out of 10cases which i have come across. .
    thanks

Thanks for sending me the doc. Here's an update on the situation. I had asked the user to reduce the size of her inbox then I had re-activate the blackberry. Guess what? The activation was successful this time. User was able to send/received email but the next day the email stopped coming in again. All the emails are showing up on her Outlook inbox but not on her blackberry. I re-send the Service Book and removed the IT Policy but that did not helped. Any other ideas? Thanks.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

sounds to me that she is running out of memeoy on the device itself. do you know now much memory the person has left on the device?

Quote Originally Posted by fritter View Post
    sounds to me that she is running out of memeoy on the device itself. do you know now much memory the person has left on the device?
    Hmm. That's possible. I didnt think of that. The device has 64 mb internal memory. Where would I check how much memory is left on the device? User is in UK and using a 8100 Vodafone. Thanks.
    Last edited by jerome521; 01-18-2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: incorrect