I have a new installation BES 4.1. I installed the software and had neglected to ... Server Admins forum

tlu2929 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Enterprise Activation Stalls

Advertisement

I have a new installation BES 4.1. I installed the software and had neglected to create the Besadmin account and install under that account. The installation went fine and I was able to add the blackberries to the server. Running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP2. The system was fine for about 5 days and then stopped all users could not send or receive and the error that came up was DB_USER_SUSPENDED_MODE.

I called RIM and the tech said to re-install using the BESadmin account, which I did and now I cannot activate any of the Blackberries all 7100i's. The BES says initializing and the device says activivating, then times out and says that the server is not responding contact admin (me). I can send e-mail to the device from the BES Server but I cannot activate and this is driving me nuts any help would be appreciated before I throw this thing out the window. Provider is Telus.

Thanks,

Todd

Farquaon no está en línea Stack level 1
    In my limited knowledge of BES, i would check the permissions of the BES service account and wipe the handheld, and try again. Are you receiving the EPT.dat file?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    If its sitting at activating. Trying removing wiping and readding the device...if that does not work check the Inbox of the user on the exchange server and see if you see any emails from a network@etp address.

I checked all fo the permissions and they are set as per RIM instructions and Ept.dat files are getting through to my outlook inbox but they are taking longer to get to blackberry via exchange they sit in queue for a long time. I am now receiving this error on the BES server for my device 70 processing stopped: invalid PIN. I have wiped the device and started for scratch.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    so is it taking a long time for the etp.dat files to reach the users inbox? If it is taking more then 15-20 minutes this could cause a problem because the activation will timeout at that point.

How can I ensure that the etp files will go through in a timely manner?

All fixed, there was a code missing off of the BB accounts to denote BES that Telus never changed. They just changed it and all working now.

Stony36 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having the same problem with a Telus Blackberry. Was there something that was changed?
    what was your fix? you mentioned something that you fixed, but didn't say what?

Keyscan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stony36 View Post
    I am having the same problem with a Telus Blackberry. Was there something that was changed?
    what was your fix? you mentioned something that you fixed, but didn't say what?
    It is a possibility that he was referring to Enterprise Provisioning, which Telus needs to set on their end.