Hi All, We have BES a 4.1 sp4 setup. Here enterprise activation failes for one ... Server Admins forum

shanu_pacer no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Enterprise Activation fails!!!!!

Advertisement

Hi All, We have BES a 4.1 sp4 setup. Here enterprise activation failes for one particular user continously. This user has been provisioned on BIS before on the same device. We are now trying to configure BES on this device, but it always failes saying not able to contact the server....

brian16 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2039B518

Re: Enterprise Activation fails!!!!!

who is the service provider? is the user provisioned for the BES on the provider side. If so and this issue continues contact the provider, master reset the device, and try again if all else fails exchange the device,

Question, have you tried you BB to EPA on this users account?

hrundel no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C26FBA

I seen this problem before - best solution to your situation is to backup and DELETE user's exchange accont, and create a new one.
    I know this sounds crazy, but this is the same solution for non-explainable instances where you want to switch a user with GOOD Messaging installed back onto BES

I know this is a messy way of doing things - unfortunately it is the only one that works most of the time

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

If you won't do any testing, just delete and recreate the users account in BES, (optionally delete the user's state database from BES,) then do a FACTORY WIPE of the handheld, like the poster mentioned above, I've seen this problem before. The factory wipe is a good precaution since you are already going to wipe the user from BES. You don't want old service books hanging around that you do not need.

If you're willing to do some testing, you have three things to swap around.

1. His SIM and carrier provisioning (vs) one known to work
    2. His blackberry handheld (vs) one known to work
    3. His BES account (vs) one known to work

You are sure that this user is provisioned with a BES service plan from his carrier?
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

shanu_pacer no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes this user has been provisioned for BES at service provider for sure. Is there any difference btw general wiping of device and Factory wipe? and How can i delete the state database from BES?