I reinitialized an 8703 BlackBerry and performed an Enterprise Activation. This was done to clear ... Server Admins forum

gagop no está en línea Stack level 1

Enterprise Activation Doesn't Download Emails

Advertisement

I reinitialized an 8703 BlackBerry and performed an Enterprise Activation. This was done to clear up an inability to "read more" or display attachments. That's seemed to solve the problem but now there's a new one:

After activating there were no emails in the inbox. I have it set to go back 7 days and 200 messages on the BES. I've probably done 70-80 activations and I've never had this problem. I can't find anything in the event logs and even wiped/EA again with the same result. I've resent the encryption key and the servicebooks as well.

Any ideas?

jimmyfeet no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Enterprise Activation Doesn't Download Emails

You mentioned that you perfromed the EA to clear up an inability to "read more" or display attachments. I'm presuming from this statement that you are activating a new device against an existing user? If this is the case then you will need to remove the user from the BES (click YES when prompted to remove completely), re-add and then reactivate the user. This should then send down the historic email from the user's inbox as per your BES' pre-population settings. Hope thie helps.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

If you have the ability to do a Backup via Desktop Manager, then I would recommend doing that on the already provisiond device. This would ensure that you have a copy of his Bookmarks, Password Keeper, speed dials, etc. have been preserved.

Once you have removed the user from the BES, these additional databases would be cleared and data lost.

Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by dolphinrich; 02-27-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Update

dcruzrn no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had this problem on occasion with Enterprise. All I have had to do is take out the battery for 10 seconds and put it back in. Try it!