Hi guys. I understand you have to setup the VOIP settings on BES through the ... Server Admins forum

hav0k no está en línea Stack level 1

Enabling VoIP

Advertisement

Hi guys.

I understand you have to setup the VOIP settings on BES through the IT policies, which looks very simple to do, but how exactly do you get the voip working on the berry?

I'm assuming you need to have a blackberry that is capable of doing voip? All we have are the 8703e, 7100i, 8830 and I'm assuming none of these work right?

If we were to purchase new blackberries which ones would be able to work with VOIP? That are relativity new.

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Im not sure about posting links on here, but google "mobile voip" and "gizmo" you should find some more info. They require the BB OS to be 4.1 and up...

Quote Originally Posted by STL8700 View Post
    Im not sure about posting links on here, but google "mobile voip" and "gizmo" you should find some more info. They require the BB OS to be 4.1 and up...
    Erm. It seems to me like I have to download their program and pay for a VoIP service (like Skype)

What I want to do is link the blackberries with our PBX system thru BES.

Thanks though, or do I have the wrong idea bout that Gizmo program?

Quote Originally Posted by hav0k View Post
    Erm. It seems to me like I have to download their program and pay for a VoIP service (like Skype)

What I want to do is link the blackberries with our PBX system thru BES.

Thanks though, or do I have the wrong idea bout that Gizmo program?
    Hmmm, im not sure on that one. I would imagine you would need some sort of 3rd party interface. Besides just BES and a phone, but Im out of my area of experience here.

Again, this is a shot in the dark... Have you looked into Blackberry MVS? http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...VS_upgrade.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by STL8700 View Post
    Again, this is a shot in the dark... Have you looked into Blackberry MVS? http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...VS_upgrade.jsp
    Yea I came across that in google a few hours after I posted. Thanks for the link, going to look into it. It seems to be what I need as far as client side.

Now I just have to figure out how to deploy applications through BES, know of any guides for that?

Thanks a lot btw.

You will need to setup a "software configuration" in BES. This should be covered in the BES admin guide. There are also a bunch of threads on here refering to application deployment using the software configuration feature in BES.