I am running Bes 4.1 and Exchagne 2003. I have a BB8700c that is setup ... Server Admins forum

arell12 no está en línea Stack level 1

Emails not deleting on BB

Advertisement

I am running Bes 4.1 and Exchagne 2003. I have a BB8700c that is setup to delete on handheld and Mailbox and when I delete something from the Handheld it does get deleted from the outlook mailbox, but when I delete from the outlook mailbox it does not get deleted from the handheld. I have done a search for this on the site and didnt find a lot of information. Email Reconciliation settings on the handheld are DElete on: Mailbox and handheld; Wireless Reconcile: ON; On Conflicts: Mailbox wins. So far I have wiped the device, deleted the user from the BES, added the user back and done the Enterprise activation. It gave me the same issue.

Any help or ideas would be appretiated.

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Emails not deleting on BB

Gina-Lisa James,
    Pinstack.com – the web's #1 BlackBerry spot!
    Add Pinstack to your MySpace & twitter.com/pinstack

I can manually delete the items from the Handheld but when I delete them from the outlook mailbox they should be also automatically deleting from the handheld and they are not. I do not use Desktop manager at all either. Everything is done wireless.

Try this:

Go to Message->Options->Email Reconciliation->(Menu)Purge Deleted Items

This should remove the Outlook undeleted emails
    Gina-Lisa James,

Also verify the following:

How to enable hard deletes:
    In BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1, Hard Deletes Reconciliation can be enabled so that messages permanently deleted in Microsoft Outlook are removed from the messages list on the BlackBerry device. This feature is disabled by default.
    The support for hard deletes uses a Message State Database stored in the computer memory. This database is enabled by default even if the Hard Deletes Reconciliation is disabled. By default, the last 100 messages are tracked for hard delete support in the Message State Database, but this number can be changed.
    The Message State Database may be reset so that messages redirected to a BlackBerry device during a previous BlackBerry Enterprise Server session will not be deleted, even if they are hard deleted in the BlackBerry device user's mailbox. Any of the following actions will reset the Message State Database:
    • The BlackBerry Enterprise Server is restarted.
    • The BlackBerry device user is moved to another BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    • The BlackBerry device user's mailbox is moved to another Exchange Server.
    • The BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator sends a Reload User command from BlackBerry Manager.
    The requirements to enable Hard Deletes Reconciliation are listed in the following table:
    Component Requirement
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1 Must be enabled for wireless folder management
    BlackBerry Device Software Version 3.6 or later

To enable Hard Deletes Reconciliation
    1. Open BlackBerry Manager.
    2. In the Explorer view, click Server.
    3. On the Server Configuration tab, click Edit Properties, then click Messaging.
    4. For the Hard Deletes Reconciliation option, choose True from the drop-down menu.
    5. Restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services.
    Important: When you restart certain BlackBerry Enterprise Server services, you may experience a delay in message delivery to BlackBerry devices.

To change the number of tracked messages
    1. Open BlackBerry Manager.
    2. In the Explorer view, click Server.
    3. On the Server Configuration tab, click Edit Properties, then click Messaging.
    4. In the Performance section, change the value of the Message State Database Size field to the number of messages you want to track for hard delete support (the maximum is 1000).
    5. Restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services.
    Important: When you restart certain BlackBerry Enterprise Server services, you may experience a delay in message delivery to BlackBerry devices.
    Gina-Lisa James,

Also make sure....
    1. From within the Messages application, open the menu.
    2. Select Options > Email Reconciliation.
    3. Set Delete On to Mailbox & Handheld.
    4. Set Wireless Reconcile to On.
    5. Open the menu and select Save.
    Also see:
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2026939572
    Gina-Lisa James,

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Will the emails eventually leave the BB? The delete from the mailbox won't show immediate change unless you force the BB to reconcile.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the readings above Gina. After taking it all in and thinking about what is happening I realized what the problem was. The person who was having this problem was the CEO and he has an assistant that has access to his mailbox from her outlook. She will delete mail messages and they go into her deleted items not his. i am thinking this is creating the hard delete issue because the message is completly gone from his mailbox and the deleted item is now in her deleted items opposed to his. Outlook is funny, in that when I drag a message from the CEO's mailbox to his deleted items it still goes in her deleted items and the message is still on the BB. But when I ask her to drag it to another one of his folders it is removed from his BB because I am hiding filed messages. I hope that this makes sense and makes me think that the handhelds should have some sort of functionality to mirror the mailbox more effectively.

altboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Arell12:

I am having the issue where items deleted in my Entourage are not deleting on my handheld.
    Any thoughts?
    The main thoughts on this post are around hard deletion which if I'm not mistaken relates to permanently deleting items and at this point no one in my organization with this issue is doing this type of deletion.

Thoughts?