Models: 7290, 8700, 7250, 7130 Mail Client: Lotus Notes 5.0 Desktop Software: 3.6/4.1 I seem ... Server Admins forum

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Thumbs down Email Synchronization with Sub Folders

Advertisement

Models: 7290, 8700, 7250, 7130
    Mail Client: Lotus Notes 5.0
    Desktop Software: 3.6/4.1

I seem to be having problem synching emails that are dragged and dropped into subfolders in the Lotus Notes program. End users create there own folders like "personal" or "important". If you click the scroll wheel while in your inbox on the BB, you can view all the folders but nothing new seems to appear even if something was just recently dragged to a folder and the users synced. Any suggestions?

After reading around on-line here tonight, I see you must go into the redirector settings, choose the advanced tab and select the folders you want to sync. Is that the only trick and if that does not work, do you guys have any other suggestions?

A lot of people in the company I work for were just recently converted to XP from 98. They are now managed workstations where everything is really locked down running XP SP2, build 2.14 and they've only tested 3.6 desktop software and that is the only reason it is being used. We are working on packaging 4.1 after all testing is complete to push out an upgrade (just an fyi if you were thinking, "why is he using 3.6").

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Email Synchronization with Sub Folders

To enable folder viewing in lotus notes with 3.6...

1. Open "Desktop Manager"
    2. click "Redirector Settings"
    3. Go to the "Advanced" tab
    4. Select the "Selected Folders" ratio button > "Choose Folders" button should be enabled. The select the subfolders you want to be able to see on the BlackBerry. Be sure to select "Inbox" or you won't get your Inbox any more!

Now on your Blackberry in "messages" > options > General options> set "Hide Filed Messages" to No. Same on Desktop manager if available.

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Thanks, I'll give it a shot and let you know.

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

We removed Desktop manager from all our Managed and unmanaged workstations, we don't have a need for it and it greatly reduced our support calls.
    BES 4.0
    Domino 6.5

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

How do you sync the address book without the desktop manager. I work for a bank and we put all of our branch managers on the BES 04 server and activate through the enterprise activation but I've always understood that you could not sync your address book wirelessly like the Calendar. Can Domino 6.5 with the BES sync the address book wirelessly?

PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Worked perfectly, thanks for the help

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Good question!!

Blackberry takes advantage of the technology already in place with Notes. If you use iNotes or Web Mail from a browser you can't use your local address book unless you run Actions/Synchronize Address Book(it's one more level deep in R5) from you Lotus Notes InBox. This routine synchronizes your Local address book with a hidden view (iNotesContacts), this is the view that iNotes will use and it is also the View that the BES will use to populate the address book. It works Great, the only minor drawback is that the user must initiate the Sync. anytime a change is made either on the BB of in Notes, minor drawback compared to the Desktop Manager!!

chinawus no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2048B739

Hi All, Now I use BB 8700g with company Lotus Notes 6.5. email was coming to my BB at both main page and sub-folder. Is this a true setting? If not, how can I set it? Thanks,

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    To enable folder viewing in lotus notes with 3.6...

1. Open "Desktop Manager"
    2. click "Redirector Settings"
    3. Go to the "Advanced" tab
    4. Select the "Selected Folders" ratio button > "Choose Folders" button should be enabled. The select the subfolders you want to be able to see on the BlackBerry. Be sure to select "Inbox" or you won't get your Inbox any more!

Now on your Blackberry in "messages" > options > General options> set "Hide Filed Messages" to No. Same on Desktop manager if available.
    You can change these settings on your device. Go to messages, press the trackwheel and select options, from options go to email settings, from email settings press the trackwheel and select folder redirection and then select the folders you want redirected.