Hello Pinstack, I just joined my company a few months ago and took over the ... Server Admins forum

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Email Reconciliation with Bes 3.6.6.5

Advertisement

Hello Pinstack,

I just joined my company a few months ago and took over the duties of a Bes Server with 6 users on it. It was as of this morning Bes 3.6.2. which happens to be the same version as the cd I have in my hand. I just upgraded to service pack 6. (My company is to cheap at this time to buy Bes 4, we do not need the ota activation, anyway it is not up to me.)

I was wondering with Bes 3.6.6.5, if when i get an email, both on my desktop and my blackberry, that when i read the email on my blackberry, it is automatically marked read on my desktop.

Now this only happens when I get another email, will the reconcilliation of read and un-read be made. Is there anyway to push for the reconilliation to go by itself without a new email or calendar event from happening?

I just came from a company who mostly deployed goodlink servers. I really enjoyed that feature.

Anyone have any ideas or tweaks i can do to get this to work?

I have posted this question on many other bb forum sites and no one has an answer for me.

please help pinstack!

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Smile Re: Email Reconciliation with Bes 3.6.6.5

Howdy Krad,

Hope all is well today. = ) And welcome aboard pinstack.com.
    At my company, we're running BES 3.6.2.14, and we'll be upgrading soon.. hopefully. LOL

Open your new message from your device, once its opened, it'll take 15 to 20 minutes to reconcile with your server. But, if you want to sync it now, follow this below.

From the Messages screen, just press the track wheel to bring up the Menu.
    Scroll down to you find 'Reconcile Now', then press the track wheel again. This will reconcile immediately. Hope this helps.
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Email Reconciliation with Bes 3.6.6.5

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    i don't understand what this link is suppose to tell me.

I remember a few months ago that we had realtime reconciliation. Maybe i was mistaken.

Although i despise goodlink, they have real time reconciliation. If you read it on your pda it gets read on your desktop. If you move a message it gets moved in your mailbox.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Hi Krad,

Hope all is well today. I did some research, and I found this for you. I hope this will help you in your situation. At my work, we don't have Goodlink, but I've heard good things about GL. From my experience at work, I don't recall our BES server reconcile in real time. But if it is true, let me know, I'll need to dig more in to my notes at work. Hope this helps. = )

Wireless Email Reconciliation
    http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...96509&vernum=2
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~