Please hang with me because I am new to the Blackberrys. We have the Blackberry ... Server Admins forum

BBerryHuh? no está en línea Stack level 1

email attachment issues...

Advertisement

Please hang with me because I am new to the Blackberrys. We have the Blackberry Enterprise Server "Lite" version that can handle up to 30 users before you have to upgrade to the full version. This interfaces with Exchange Server 2007. We have two users who just purchased the 8330's and are having what looks like intermittent problems opening attachments from their BB Curve. I have checked to make sure the Attachment service is on each one and it is. It doesn't look like it has anything to do with size, because some are less than 1 MB and still cannot open. It shows the attachment, then when you click on the attachment, and click on More, it comes up and says that it cannot download More...not exactly sure on the terminology on that one. Any ideas?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    where they able to open that type of attachments before? Also are these attachments from office 2K7?

These are brand new phones, and the users are all new to BB's, so it's been this way since they received them two weeks ago. They are using office 2003, sorry I didn't include that in my first post. I can't seem to get a good handle on any common ground for the ones that they can open and the ones that they can't. I appreciate your response and help!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    if that info is avaliable dealing with attachments type that would be great. Also make sure there BB's have the latest OS's Ive seen new BB's that are new but have older OS's on them. Which I know that attachment support was with newer Fireware OS's.

The attachment types that I have been working with are all .xls files, made by the same machine. No particular size issue, because they are all less than 1 MB, and from those, random ones open okay. I just checked again this morning with one of the users and the error says something about radio error or file not available on system? or something like that, I am trying to get the exact error. Then it said that no more available. I do apologize for not getting the exact issue, I am trying to work with our General Manager and he does use his phone alot. I did check the O/S version and it is 4.3.0.124 and it doesn't look like Alltel has a newer one than that available. Am I giving you the correct information on the O/S version?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    yes you are which that should be fine for attachment openning. Do you have a set standard IT Policy for all the people on your BES lite?

Right now everything is set at the default level at install, if you are asking regarding the setups in the BES lite program. If you are asking about company policies, pretty much standard, no size limitation, just company information, no sex, drugs, etc...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    One more thing to check before i look at my bes to get ideas. On the persons bb with this issue please go to options from the main menu and then advanced options and last application and see if you can find blackberry attachment service if then please just say yes.

Yes, it does have the attachment services...Thanks again for the help!

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    In most cases like yours, you need to call your service provider and have them walk you thru the setup process and re-send you the service books!

Setup of the phone or BES? I know that they have resent the services for one of the phones (the General Managers) and we have the same issue. I contacted Alltel with this issue first, and they haven't been alot of help. They resent the services for that phone as a first shot to resolve the issue. I can have them do it again, if you think that might help. I have had him close his outlook and just access his email from Outlook Web to see if I can possibly rule out Outlook 2003 as the problem. Could that be a possible issue or am I heading down the wrong road?

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    I am with ATT and called them with the same problem. They walked me thru several settings after that everything worked fine. Try your SERVICE provider, not BES