Our IT team are going to change the email address of all the accounts from ... Server Admins forum

ravikash no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Effects of Changing Email Address on Lotus Notus Server

Advertisement

Our IT team are going to change the email address of all the accounts from name@domain.com.xx to name@domain.com. We have a lotus notes server here. We have a Lotus BES server as well. The IT team have done their research and are going to do a some changes some time very soon. I look after the BES server here.
    My main concern is if they carry out the changes, will their be any effect on the BlackBerrys?will we have to create all the accounts again? or will the BES server automatically adjust to the change?

will really appreciate your guys feedbacks!!!

ravi

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Effects of Changing Email Address on Lotus Notus Server

From what I know if in the BES you have things set to name@domain.com.xx then you'll have to change it to name@domain.com

noname no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey ravikash,

See this data retrieval route:

BES User Profile doc <--- Person doc in Domino Directory

How do BES know the email address for a Blackberry user? It reads from the internet address field in Person doc. Yes, the source is the Person doc and you need to make sure this is updated in the Domino Directory local to BES.

Discuss with your Domino admin and let him assist you in assessing the impact based on the above data retrieval part. Each Domino env setup is different so there may be different configurations in each different env.

And do let us know your migration outcome
    noname
    ------------------------------------------------
    Always On, But Not Always Connected
    Practise limited use of this great tech as it can be addictive + no life...

ravikash no está en línea Stack level 2

from my understanding, in the BES there is a Replica file which pulls the list of email profiles present in the Domino into BES.

I remember once we had to setup a BB on BES for one of our managers and later there were some changes required for her email address on the Domino. I didnt have to do anything on the BES, it automatically picked up the change of the email address from the replica file as it also got updated by itself.

However, this time its a bit different as the IT will be changing d domain name...

anyways if theres any other things that might help me in this migration please do post it here...
    regards,
    ravi