On BBhub , Russell posted about an early morning Webcast for BlackBerry Enterprise Server best ... Server Admins forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Ealry Morning RIM Webcast

Advertisement

On BBhub, Russell posted about an early morning Webcast for BlackBerry Enterprise Server best practices for BlackBerry in the Asia/Pacific region.

It's only at 2:30 am Eastern Time. (That is not a typo) Anyone going? Let us know how it is.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

e1nstein no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300D945C

Re: Ealry Morning RIM Webcast

Who still uses Novell?

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by e1nstein
    Who still uses Novell?
    US Government, schools, city, state, county, banking, financial institutions, etc... All those are still Novell strongholds. Novell doesn't have the market share it used to have, they still produce a lot of extremely good products.

P.S If is not obvious, I come from a Novell background. I am a CNE and my wife is a Master CNE.

e1nstein no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300D945C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Oh wow! I didn't know. Now that I think of it I recall seeing a relationship w/ redhhat or Susie Linux. I've never had the opportunity to work with Novell. Where can I get trial software to play with?

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

I look after about 20 GroupWise 7 sites, they range from Universities to Workers Unions. It seems to be making a come back, I have even had a few BES sites I maintain switch from Exchange (Their new IT guy is an old Novell guru).

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

i work in a hospital. we stopped using novell networks about 3 years ago, but we still use groupwise. the network stability we experienced with novell was shaky. groupwise is a pain due to the third party junk we have to buy to sync pda's.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by joe allen
    i work in a hospital. we stopped using novell networks about 3 years ago, but we still use groupwise. the network stability we experienced with novell was shaky. groupwise is a pain due to the third party junk we have to buy to sync pda's.
    Most site use that free IntelliSync software for PDA's that I have seen. I think Novell did some deal to give away free licenses (Hence BB giving away free 5 user cals for GroupWise sites).

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

we have been using intellisync for years and it has never been free. one of our staff just got a treo 700w and to sync with his groupwise calender we had to buy their latest "handheld" edition. using groupwise makes syncing very clunky. if we had outlook things would be streamlined since activesync will sync with outlook.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

jaltig no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401682b1

Groupwise does not come with intellisync - it comes with a product called groupwise pda connect. Give you a decent interface for calendar - memo's etc when working in a palm or ce enviro.

e1nstein - to answer your question/statement yes novell did purchase suse linux and is now making it the cornerstone of their product line. I have very mixed feelings about this and I am pretty sure it is going to push our organization to an A.D. environment. You can go to download.novell.com and download a few of their linux products and kick the tires.

jim